Main Menu

Supernova Top Trumps game

Started by Wake, 19 January, 2003, 05:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I've just scanned the Supernova game from progs 46 to 51 for the download section. Resolution is 150dpi, and each file is about 650k.

Wake

Link: Download - Games

karne

I've been working on and off (more off) on a set each of Judge Dredd and 2oooad based Top Trumps since last year. The layout for the card bases is completed and most of them have the pictures inserted. I still have to work out the stats so I should get them finished and uploaded to the site by the end of March.

I've also produced a more printer friendly version of the Flesh card game by separating them, giving them new borders and creating a sheet of backs for them. The backs just need setting up so they align properly with the card fronts when printed but if Wake or anyone wants to do that I'll upload them as and when.

karne

Devons Daddy

oh dear wake .
 big problem with the site. some how the above thread reply has been credited to karne.
:~) only kidding big fella.

also if i remerber rightly that top trumps game had one flaw. if you had the big red space ship. it trumped everyone on everything, thus making you the winner by holding it.
was this a mere mistake on my part. i was 10 at the time.or is this still true today?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Wake

If you can send me a better set of images for the Supernova game, I'd happily replace the ones I just scanned.

Ditto, a game of your own.

And Devon's Daddy, you're correct that you can't lose a game if you hold the Supernova card. It could work if:

a) The Supernova card goes out of play after the first time it is played.

b) The cards are only played through once, and the player who has won the most tricks wins.

c) A player loses if he is reduced to just having the Supernova.

d) Ignore the Supernova beats all rule.

Wake

Smiley

Nice one. Haven't seen these for years.

Art

paulvonscott

Sadly, I own a pack of those horror trumps.  Wish I'd been older back then, they are drawn so badly anybody must have been able to make money drawing stuff in the seventies :)

ukdane

I've got a pack of Dr.Who Top Trumps (which I think I got from Weetabix.
Plans are afoot to make a top trumps game available online...
..Watcher?
Cheers

-Daney

karne

You can play Dr Who top trumps online at the BBC Cult website as well as a cult tv version. I think it was them that also used to do a printable set of Top Trumps that seems to have gone now, but I still have them on disc if anybody wants a copy of them.

Here's a link to the Online version...

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/quiz/trumps/index.shtml" target="_blank">Who Trumped?

norton canes

Quote from: Wake on 19 January, 2003, 02:43:10 PM
If you can send me a better set of images for the Supernova game, I'd happily replace the ones I just scanned.

Ditto, a game of your own.

And Devon's Daddy, you're correct that you can't lose a game if you hold the Supernova card. It could work if:

a) The Supernova card goes out of play after the first time it is played.

b) The cards are only played through once, and the player who has won the most tricks wins.

c) A player loses if he is reduced to just having the Supernova.

d) Ignore the Supernova beats all rule.

Where do people get the idea that Supernova beats everything?

Black Hole Probe, High Speed Reconnaissance Vehicle, Hunterkiller Missile, Planet Destroyer, Single-Seat Fighter, Three-Seat Fighter and Two-Seat Fighter all beat Supernova on 'maximum warp speed'; while Hunterkiller Missile beats it on 'survivability rating', and Colony Ship beats it on Number of Crewmen.

Maybe I should send this to Snopes.

I, Cosh

Well I think a lot of people will be struggling to beat norton canes on "longest necropost."
We never really die.

norton canes

Sorry  :)

Was Googling for some images of the game and came across the previous post. It's not a grudge I've born for 13 years ;)