Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

Three years is a blink of an eye these days!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Tomwe

Quote from: Richard on 28 May, 2020, 08:16:52 AM
Surely most of today's readers were reading the Meg three years ago? Do we really need Havn reprinted so soon? It's not as if there's a shortage of alternatives.
I've not read it, for one. Only went combo sub last year.

sheridan

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 04 March, 2020, 10:12:16 AM
I definitely agree with you that the compressed nature of the storytelling, particular the rather "WTF?" im media res opener didn't help it. Also, you have to be in your 50s to remember anything other than the Leopard from Lime Street from your childhood. It was slightly surreal to buy a comic in my late 40s and think, "maybe this is intended for an older audience than me"!

I'm under 50 and remembered the Leopard from Lime Street and Death Wish.  None of the others meant anything to me other than possibly having read their names in articles.  Having them all shoved together in one comic (for me) was like watching the Avengers or Justice League films without ever having seen or read anything involving the characters previously.

Colin YNWA

Live breaking news from PJ Holden's live drawing show - he's already working on a new 4 part Chimpsky story. And Kenneth Niemand is ... nah he didn't mention that...

Colin YNWA

Think we're creeping into 2021 territory now - but will add here anyway.

More from the Treasury (actually do these count as Treasury?) some new "Fleetway Picture Library Classics" - via the Thrillmail and Downthetubes

https://downthetubes.net/?p=118489&fbclid=IwAR0sEe9OLY-JOKh18SYNAP_lSule5C85o0l9YuujcdLqxcoUfmQ2p0v5EcQ

Also from the Thrillmail a 'Thrills of the Future' I don't think (?) we've seen for more Angelic - coming to the Meg some time - which is very good news.

broodblik

Some interesting stuff coming next year
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 May, 2020, 10:52:16 PM
Annoyed the piss out of my Icelandic wife too.

Confused the f*** out of me.  Maybe worth another shot.

IndigoPrime

I mentioned to her there was finally a Dredd tale set in Iceland. "It'd better not have fucking Huldufólk in it."

Oh.

BPP

Quote from: davidbishop on 27 May, 2020, 10:37:35 PM
Would you rather have the Soul Sisters?  :lol:

Shaky Kane is never not interesting tbf.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

sheridan

Quote from: BPP on 04 June, 2020, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: davidbishop on 27 May, 2020, 10:37:35 PM
Would you rather have the Soul Sisters?  :lol:

Shaky Kane is never not interesting tbf.

As the ancient curse goes - interesting times!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Not sure where this should really go, but I've not seen anything about it here (apologies if discussed to death beyond the scope of my Search skills)- but TALKINGPICTURESTV ran an advert for the upcoming Ian Kennedy and Hugo Pratt Treasury of British Comics collections, complete with animated Kennedy artwork.

In the last ad break during the third episode of Quatermass last Tuesday (final episode is on tomorrow night).

Great to see- though I did have to briefly return my tv screen to 16:9 ratio to watch, as for some reason TalkingPicturesTV doesnt automatically switch like others do, which is annoying.

SBT

broodblik

Coming in the next mag the last part of Vigilant:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Citi-Def_Joe

Also noticed that the "bagged with the Megazine" 421 will be the Vigilant: Origins, ("by Tom Tully, Eric Bradbury, Frank Pepper, Donnie Avenell and more")

sheridan

Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 08 June, 2020, 06:37:44 PM
Also noticed that the "bagged with the Megazine" 421 will be the Vigilant: Origins, ("by Tom Tully, Eric Bradbury, Frank Pepper, Donnie Avenell and more")

I probably said when the first one came out - we could have done with something like that earlier, for all of us who aren't old enough to be familiar with the multitude of characters who got smashed together.

sheridan

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 08 June, 2020, 06:06:08 PM
In the last ad break during the third episode of Quatermass last Tuesday (final episode is on tomorrow night).

That makes it sound like there's a new series of Quatermass?  Or am I misreading it?