Main Menu

Jammy Finds

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 27 March, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I'd like to see that...

ThryllSeekyr

I found my official replica of the Dwarven made key to Erebor that I ordered from Weta Collectables when Hobbit were being shown.

Not sure what I paid for mine, but it now only cost about thirty dollars AUD. Quite possibly half that much in British Pounds.

Lost it for nearly a full fort night when I found that it wasn't in it's cradle. Large & heavy in my hands, it's worth is more than the money I played for it and the symbolism of having the mechanism that opens the secret back door to their mountain kingdom & it's vast treasure.

I found that it had just fallen on the floor between the narrow space  of this computer desk (Where I'm sitting right now!) and the set of draws that I keep the left speaker and woofer on.

Fungus

Always entertaining.

Hawkmumbler

Picked up a HC of Veitch and Kennedy's The Light and Darkness War for £5 new from Waterstones...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 July, 2017, 10:48:29 AM
Picked up a HC of Veitch and Kennedy's The Light and Darkness War for £5 new from Waterstones...

Bloody hell that a deal and a half!

CalHab

£5 for a nice edition of Kennedy's best work (albeit in service of a ropey story)? Not bad at all!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 July, 2017, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 July, 2017, 10:48:29 AM

Bloody hell that a deal and a half!
It really is! Going in totally cold, I know it's a dividing title but for that price the art alone was a bargain.