Main Menu

Deadwood movie?

Started by Goaty, 13 August, 2015, 01:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

it maybe happens as just rumours about talks. Would be so happy if that happens as was very disappointed at lukewarm ending of TV Series.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/deadwood/36564/deadwood-hbo-confirms-talks-over-a-movie

Proudhuff

now that would be just dandy, almost bought the boxed set last week, might go back and get it now...   
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Satanist

Brilliant series which was cut short before its time.

Go buy it cocksucka ! (that insult will make sense once you've seen it)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Theblazeuk

Wu's there?

(That will make sense if you've seen it. And got to the later series)

JamesC

I watched Deadwood recently and found it all a bit slow. Kept waiting for something to happen.
It felt very authentic though and had some great actors so a film may be interesting.

CrazyFoxMachine

Deadwood is one of my favourite television shows of all time - I adore it. This is splendiferous news and I hope it comes to fruition!

Proudhuff

Quote from: JamesC on 13 August, 2015, 04:48:17 PM
I watched Deadwood recently and found it all a bit slow. Kept waiting for something to happen.
It felt very authentic though and had some great actors so a film may be interesting.

a bit like that Shakespeare dude, I missed the first couple of episodes so it would be great to go back and watch them, having seen all the later ones, or am I just talking to a box here?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 13 August, 2015, 03:36:28 PM
Go buy it cocksucka ! (that insult will make sense once you've seen it)

Oh I speak French.

Satanist

My fave line is something like "That's just what life fucking is, one vile fucking task after another".

Right that's it I have an empty this weekend and think am gonna waste it by binging on deadwood. again.

Woo-hoo!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

okay Satan, you talked me into it! I'll buy it this afftie, anything to get away fi this c**ksuckin' festival!
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

I, Cosh

First series of Deadwood is one of humanity's greatest achievements. The other two are alright but not in the same league.

"Two? Cocksuckers?"
We never really die.

Goaty

It will happens!

It's real. The VERY long awaited "Deadwood" movie is happening at HBO. Speaking at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Thursday, HBO's programming president Michael Lombardo tells TV Line that it's definitely happening.

In August last year, HBO confirmed early talks of a film continuation/wrap-up of the cancelled but beloved and highly acclaimed western series. Since then, series creator David Milch has apparently come up with a story that the network was happy enough with that Lombardo personally gave Milch the green light:

"David has our commitment that we are going to do it. He pitched what he thought generally the storyline would be - and knowing David, that could change. But it's going to happen."

The revival comes from a "palpable" sense that Milch "has something left unsaid... I've known him for a while and it feels like it's something he's not done talking about" according to Lombardo.

So when will also this happen? Milch is currently working on another project: "But the understanding is that when he is done with that he will turn his attention to [writing the] script for the Deadwood film." What about getting that stellar cast back together?

"I'm going to leave that in David's hands. He's confident he will be able to. The cast is unbelievably [tight]. Some casts and creators form a bond that becomes relevant for the rest of their lives. This was a defining moment for a lot of them."

Practically the entire cast has gone on to great success in film and television including talent such as Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Molly Parker, Brad Dourif, John Hawkes, Kim Dickens, Garret Dillahunt, Powers Boothe, Titus Welliver, W. Earl Brown, Anna Gunn, Jim Beaver and Dayton Callie.

CrazyFoxMachine