Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

phew all is good - the ebay seller refunded, vol.6 on it's way and vols 7-9 on pre-order.

I love me a bit of Dante (and I like how although the releases are out of order, the volumes are consecutive spine-wise, so I get a 9 book section of the full image).

Jade Falcon

An extension I would like Leviathan, maybe Fiends of the Eastern Front, certainly if there was more Dredd I think Captain Skank should be there, it was puzzling how it wasn't part of the Dredd collection.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

sintec

Looks like Durham Red was shopping in Camden in the late 90s and probably spent her evenings in a dark corner of the Slimelight

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 20 January, 2020, 01:17:24 AM
An extension I would like Leviathan, maybe Fiends of the Eastern Front, certainly if there was more Dredd I think Captain Skank should be there, it was puzzling how it wasn't part of the Dredd collection.

Well I don't really know where Pirates of the Black Atlantic would fit, at this point - but there's certainly a lot of scope for more Dredd volumes. Can you believe Block Judge, Serial Serial and Ladykiller have never been reprinted?! It'd also be great to have a Harvey/Machine Law/Guatemala volume, and one collecting the remaining Rob Williams Enceladus/Small House stuff.

And that's just Dredd - in terms of Dreddworld, there's loads more potential books!
@jamesfeistdraws

Rately

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 January, 2020, 11:19:49 AM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 20 January, 2020, 01:17:24 AM

Well I don't really know where Pirates of the Black Atlantic would fit, at this point - but there's certainly a lot of scope for more Dredd volumes. Can you believe Block Judge, Serial Serial and Ladykiller have never been reprinted?! It'd also be great to have a Harvey/Machine Law/Guatemala volume, and one collecting the remaining Rob Williams Enceladus/Small House stuff.

And that's just Dredd - in terms of Dreddworld, there's loads more potential books!

The Harvey / Machine Law collection would be ace if it comes to pass. Really loved the whole storyline.

moly

Spoke to hatchette customer service apparently issue 61 and 62 will be about two weeks before delivery due to a warehouse move... Hmm the company that keeps giving bad customer service, at least I managed to speak to someone who actually understood me

IndigoPrime

I did wonder why it was late. Funny that they've already charged me for it, three weeks ago...

sintec

Ahh good so subscribers will be what 4 issues behind by that point -sigh-

It's such a shame they keep messing the subscriptions up, everything else about the series has been great. It's just frustrating to constantly be behind those cherry-picking from the shops. Really looking forward to Caballistics too - might have to speak to customer service and see if I can do a double order next month to resync (I seem to recall others managing this in the past).

IndigoPrime

Just got an email, noting delays to deliveries. Natch, it's branded Warhammer 40,000: Legends Collection, because Hachette are goons.

As for four issues behind – at least. I have a tracking doc, based on resubscribing on issue 31/32. According to that, I should receive 65/66 next Friday. (My most recent delivery was 59/60 on 14 Dec, which should have arrived on 8 Nov.)

Jim_Boswell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 January, 2020, 12:01:18 PM
Just got an email, noting delays to deliveries. Natch, it's branded Warhammer 40,000: Legends Collection, because Hachette are goons.

Yep, I just got the same confusing Warhammer email.

IndigoPrime

And now I have a 2000 AD one. Anyway, this is the important bit:

"We expect the delays to continue until the end of February, however, please be assured that your overdue copies will reach you in due course and from March onwards your deliveries should be back on track with the original schedule."

I... won't hold my breath regarding a return to the original schedule, since that was promised several times, and now Hachette whenever I ask about schedules claims my account is on schedule, when it's slipped around five weeks. (The start of 2019 was the big cock-up – 56 days between deliveries.)

EDIT

Also, note:

Rebellion: Sorry one issue of 2000 AD rocked up really late. We messed that up. Here, have a 50% voucher off of almost everything on our entire online store!

Hachette: Whatev. You'll get your bloody books eventually. Probably.

Robes

I have both those emails too, the last issue I received was 53 and I've badgered them for that.

Colin Zeal

I get the ultimate collection via my newsagents and it is sometimes a week late but never more than that. I can't understand why it's so much worse for subscribers when Haccette are clearly able to send the issues to shops.

sintec

It's been obvious for some time that the shops are being prioritised over subscribers.  Which seems like madness given Hachette's business model but there you go.