Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

Supersurfer,
You've mentioned two absolutely 'classic' albums there which I would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone...
Deja Vu : By Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young....and
Cheap Thrills : By Janis Joplin and The Big Brother Holding Company..

A fine choice if I may say so !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

SuperSurfer

So brilliant on many fronts: track and video.

PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING - SPITFIRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u4Md_aXVJE&autoplay=1

I watched the video with Ron Smith in mind.

Few coincidences:
• Yesterday morning one of the first things I did was finish off reading the fine Battler Britton by Garth Ennis and Colin Wilson. (Bought brand new for £3 from a local bookshop!)
• Last thing at night yesterday I strayed across the above video.
• They were playing live a today – tickets sold out.
• Venue is on other side of the road from where I am working – I can see venue through the window.

Bah.

Frank

You know how Jack White and Robert Plant sing like girls? DEEP VALLY are like The White Stripes or The Black Keys with better hair and makeup.

Spikes

Ive posted about the released version before, but this alternate version of L.A Women* is hitting the spot today.

* Nice clear sound for a Bootleg(?) - though some long gaps, between songs, in places (Was this recording ever available as part of a re-release maybe?)

Albion

The soundtrack to my working day was Rush, The Residents, Dead Kennedys, Gogol Bordello, Clutch, Flogging Molly and King's X.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

CrazyFoxMachine

Went to see Melvins in Bristol tonight - playing the entire of Bullhead & Stoner Witch. Was bloody incredible. Albion if you don't blow Geddy Lee a kiss from me I'll DESTROY YOU.

Albion

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 23 May, 2013, 12:32:19 AM
Albion if you don't blow Geddy Lee a kiss from me I'll DESTROY YOU.

I will, but he probably won't see me.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

HdE

Quote from: Albion on 23 May, 2013, 08:13:15 AM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 23 May, 2013, 12:32:19 AM
Albion if you don't blow Geddy Lee a kiss from me I'll DESTROY YOU.

I will, but he probably won't see me.

Not only will he see, but he'll tip his head, give you an eyebrow wiggle over the rim of his spectacles, blow it right back, and ALL of this without dropping a note from the bass line to La Villa Strangiato.

Because Geddy Lee is THAT awesome!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Noisybast

Right now: Airbourne's new album, Black Dog Barking.  This evening: Eureka Machines, live at the very metal sounding Satan's Hollow in Manchester.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

I, Cosh

It's always been a mystery to me why I don't like Echo and the Bunnymen as they were very much the sort of band I should've lapped up when I was a teenager. The closest I can come to an explanation is that there's an audible veneer of artifice to what should be pleasantly melancholic pop. However, I like plenty of other stuff which is a lot more fake and I'm a big fan of McCulloch's first solo album so who knows?

Anyway, as with Bowie, I like to give them another chance every so often and this time I think I really do like the title track from Ocean Rain.

In other news, the new Primal Scream album really isn't doing it for me and only Just Make it Stop rises above average on Low's latest.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 May, 2013, 02:57:38 PM
It's always been a mystery to me why I don't like Echo and the Bunnymen...

Cos ya a damned fool... is that rude? Fantastic band. You are right in many ways they are at their best when doing breezy pop, but Ocean Rain as an album is probably knocking around my top ten of all time and live they are very hard to beat.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Toots and the Maytals. I've been playing a lot of GTA:San Andreas recently.
You may quote me on that.

Spikes

Quote from: El Pops on 24 May, 2013, 08:40:13 PM
Toots and the Maytals.

Good man! You certainly cant beat a bit o' Toots.
(The Clash did a pretty good n different version of Pressure Drop)

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

judgefloyd

The Sex Pistols, Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney

(when  graciously let my son choose the radio station) bloody annoying bogan djs with stupid matey names like Fitzy and Wippa, alternating with far too little Pitbull and Macklemore