Constitutional Hell - Napalm Death

Get up, Stand up - Bob Marley

CUBErt - System of a Down

Street Lobotomy - Bodycount.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mardroid

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 September, 2013, 07:56:35 AM
Hasn't that got a version of Johnny Cash's Tennessee Mule on it, bloody great song and the Delfonics - great band.

Edit Tennessee Stud - Muppet Taylor!

Yes to both. Although I'm not calling you a Muppet Taylor.  A decent album overall. While I prefer some songs to others I think there are only one or two tracks that I found a bit boring. (Neither of the two you mention.) And they aren't bad.

Frank

SuperSurfer

Recently bought some fantastic Harman Kardan wireless Soundsticks speakers (recommended by Jim Campbell quite awhile ago).

Pumping out Gish by Smashing Pumpkins which is always worth a revisit.

Hawkmumbler

Radbacker

new nine Inch Nails album, Trenty did good on this one its great.

CU Radbacker

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 18 September, 2013, 02:35:11 PM

Christ I've not listened to Gish in an age. Smashing Pumpkins are one of those bands I worry about re-visiting in case I don't like them as much as I used to, but a quick listen to Rhinoceros  via that there Internet and I'm thinking I should track down a copy again.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 18 September, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 18 September, 2013, 02:35:11 PM

Christ I've not listened to Gish in an age. Smashing Pumpkins are one of those bands I worry about re-visiting in case I don't like them as much as I used to, but a quick listen to Rhinoceros  via that there Internet and I'm thinking I should track down a copy again.
A revisit is always a safe bet for me, though I'm guilty of not checking out their more recent material.

von Boom

Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden. Deadly stuff still.

Frank

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 18 September, 2013, 05:09:47 PM
Smashing Pumpkins are one of those bands I worry about re-visiting in case I don't like them as much as I used to, but a quick listen to Rhinoceros  via that there Internet and I'm thinking I should track down a copy again.

A revisit is always a safe bet for me, though I'm guilty of not checking out their more recent material.

I'm not a fan, but Tarantula rocks like a motherfucker. Not much does nowadays - Nicky Wire's been doing the rounds for the new album, and says they looked at the charts, saw there wasn't a single rock band there, and decided it was time to break out the trumpets and acoustic guitars. Them days is over.

Proteus4

Quote from: sauchie on 19 September, 2013, 06:33:08 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 18 September, 2013, 05:09:47 PM
Smashing Pumpkins are one of those bands I worry about re-visiting in case I don't like them as much as I used to, but a quick listen to Rhinoceros  via that there Internet and I'm thinking I should track down a copy again.

I'm not a fan, but Tarantula rocks like a motherfucker. Not much does nowadays - Nicky Wire's been doing the rounds for the new album, and says they looked at the charts, saw there wasn't a single rock band there, and decided it was time to break out the trumpets and acoustic guitars. Them days is over.

Siamese Dream is simply the finest rock album ever - there is no danger in ever revisiting them as that stuff hasn't dated.  Adore has dated really badly because of the drums (but i thought it had dated badly 6 months after it was released).

Their newer stuff is a little lacklustre, unfortunately.

I've also been listening to nick cave a LOT - his latest album is great stuff, nice and atmospheric.

Midlake - Trials of Van Occupanther is super (I hear their lead singer departed recently - sad news) (departed as in left the band, not dead) (i think he's not dead anyway - now i'm doubting myself)

peace Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

SuperSurfer

I recently stumbled across Meat Puppets online and have been playing tons of their tunes which are on their official website. I hadn't heard of them. A lot of really good stuff there.

Also been listening to Vaselines. Fantastic band. I had an Indie compilation album back in the 90s and a standout track was by a band called Captain America who renamed as Eugenius because they had Marvel on their case. As if that wasn't enough their logo was based on that of C&A (are you listening Jazus B?). They had a stonkingly good track 'Flame on' (another comic reference there) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekve0jtVmsg. The main man then became part of The Vaselines. They had a great track called 'Let's Get Ugly' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9BmsbE2mg which reminds one of the dearly departed Otto Sump.

How's that for copyright infringement:

Shame as it was recalled.

Frank

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 30 September, 2013, 04:22:47 PM
I recently stumbled across Meat Puppets ... Also been listening to Vaselines ... Captain America who renamed as Eugenius ... The main man then became part of The Vaselines.

If you're climbing the branches of Nirvana's rock family tree, you'll want to have a listen to The Raincoats too, Supersoaker. Kurt said (in the sleeve notes of Incesticide) that rediscovering a copy of their first record was the only thing which had given him any pleasure during that mental year when they went from being an indie band to having the jocks who used to beat them up in high school fighting in the front row of their arena shows.

Did anyone see my new punk rock favourites, RADKEY, on Later, the most polite and middle class expression of BBC wooly liberal niceness? The contrast between them and the tastefully ethereal dinner party chill of Goldfrapp which preceded them was marked; the contrast between them and Chas 'n' Dave who followed them, even more so. The barbarians at the gate feel of their appearance was lessened only by the way the terrified child drummer looks like Richard Ayoade tossing a salad:

KICK OUT THE JAMS MOTHERFUCKER

CrazyFoxMachine

Last night I bore witness to Ufomammut and all was well. They were being supported by this ridiculously magnetic drum/guitar stonermath trio that were very silly.

I, Cosh

Quote from: sauchie on 02 October, 2013, 01:50:13 PM
Did anyone see my new punk rock favourites, RADKEY, on Later?
I didn't but I'll need to give it a try.

I'm pretty amazed to find that I didn't make any reference to the new Blondes album when it first popped up a couple of months ago. This was undoubtedly my feelgood album of the summer and I really didn't think it would be beat for the rest of the year.

Then Factory Floor came along with their album and blew the back of my head clean off. I've heard people criticise this album for not having enough happen, which seems to be deliberately missing the point.

In the spirit of international cooperation, I've also rather fallen for this slice of Eurocheese. Not sure if it's made it's way back to dear old Blighty yet.
We never really die.