Main Menu

Dredd movie - tie-in game

Started by Dash Decent, 02 October, 2011, 04:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psidude

Super star wars for the snes was out standing also love the Aliens arcade game,ghostbusters for the xbox 360 ps3 is great fun! i would be happy with dredd vs death 2 first game was great :)

Meathook

I thought that the Dredd Vs Death game was quite tedious for gameplay and the graphics were a bit ropey. I'm sure that it was rushed out sooner than it should of been as more testing needed to be done on it. However Rogue Trooper is a superb game and one I enjoyed immensely.It seems that a lot of tie-in games are all about the demands of the movie producers  most of the time and are generally given little timespan for testing properly as they have to be in the shops before or to coincide with release dates thus hamstringing development.
Each peach pear plum!

radiator

QuoteI thought that the Dredd Vs Death game was quite tedious for gameplay and the graphics were a bit ropey. I'm sure that it was rushed out sooner than it should of been as more testing needed to be done on it.

Hmm, yes. One of my abiding memories of the game was that jumping while standing in a descending lift would cause falling damage. Sloppy. I found the character models very ugly - especially the model of Dredd, which appeared to be a weak mishmash of Bisley and Ezquerra's designs. It seems unforgivable when Rebellion have so many wonderful artists on their books. Imagine if all the character models had been designed by, say, Henry Flint or Kev Walker...

It also bugged me that the lawgiver was rather poorly implemented, and was quickly discarded in favour of generic shotguns and machine guns. It always seemed obvious to me that the entire game should have been designed around the lawgiver's capabilities - the player gradually unlocking the different ammunition types and firing modes through the game, certain combinations of which would be required to bring down specific enemies - stun rounds for non-lethal takedowns, a combination of incendiary and boing rounds for the Dark Judges and so on. Could have been a good hook that distinguished Dredd Vs Death from the competition.

By far the biggest gripe was the downright weird decision to have Dredd fighting zombies and vampires for the most part, when the devs clearly had so many cooler and more interesting situations and adversaries from the comics to choose from (Sov Judges, futsies, Block wars, Mechanismo droids etc etc). What made this all the more baffling was that some of these were in the game, but only in the Timesplitters-style 'arcade' challenges...