Main Menu

Xmas Booty 2020

Started by shaolin_monkey, 25 December, 2020, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

I thought I'd kick off the Xmas Booty thread for this year. Post here with pics and descriptions of your best Xmas Booty!

Anyway, you know how I've always said I really wanted an AT-AT for Xmas as a kid, but they were totally outside of the budget of my family?

Well, my partner bought me an AT-AT for Xmas.

I have to admit to getting a little emotional. 🥲

Other Booty was the usual booze, book tokens, and a pair of great socks featuring Emperor Palpatine. When you wear them it looks like he's sitting on his throne! 😆

How did you get on folks? Was Santa good to you too?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 25 December, 2020, 05:13:49 PM
I thought I'd kick off the Xmas Booty thread for this year. Post here with pics and descriptions of your best Xmas Booty!

Anyway, you know how I've always said I really wanted an AT-AT for Xmas as a kid, but they were totally outside of the budget of my family?

Well, my partner bought me an AT-AT for Xmas.

I have to admit to getting a little emotional. 🥲

Other Booty was the usual booze, book tokens, and a pair of great socks featuring Emperor Palpatine. When you wear them it looks like he's sitting on his throne! 😆

How did you get on folks? Was Santa good to you too?
Cool pressi
How long do you think it will take you?

My Xmas booty involves Batman & Dredd model kits to mash together (that's my new "activities for the trap" in the new year lockdown once I'm finished Ro-Jaws). Also got the complete Zenith hard covers so that's my bedtime reading covered together with a nip from a nice bottle of Higland Park 👍🏻😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Looks like a fantastic present. Myself it was beer, whisky and...chocolate—Merry X-Mass to the board members.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

Got a PJ Holden print and the new SD HC. Happy about those!

moly

Did great this year I got, hellboy vol 5, umbrella academy hc3, latest case files and judge fear big day out and Arkham horror core box

JayzusB.Christ

I got an antique telescope (I live in a boat called The Spyglass), a bottle of Power's whiskey (not the normal stuff, nice and aged), and a boxed pie and tankard set (I love pies and pints - must be the Brit blood in me).  Also my boss gave me a €185 amazon voucher, which was very nice.

I tried my hand at various Christmas drinks too - mulled ale, blackberry whiskey and sloe gin. All pretty decent as my own concoctions go, given that 2019's sloe gin was a bit of a disaster.

EDIT - Rereading my post, I see that I'm a bit of a lush. Ah well, it's Christmas.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Most of the cool stuff goes to the kids these days, so me and Mrs YNWA don't even swap pressies these days 9we have B'days after X-mas so save stuff until then). However this year I got us all some treats so they got wrapped and put under the tree in our names. Specifically a full set of Beasts of Balance expansion creatures. Really rather excited to try them out as soon as possible.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 25 December, 2020, 05:43:08 PM

Well, it just took me an hour and a half to put together all the figures from the Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar, so I'm thinking... hmmm.. maybe 18 months?

Good to see lots of 2000AD merch coming up! That antique telescope sounds fab!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 26 December, 2020, 05:56:56 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 25 December, 2020, 05:43:08 PM

Well, it just took me an hour and a half to put together all the figures from the Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar, so I'm thinking... hmmm.. maybe 18 months?

Good to see lots of 2000AD merch coming up! That antique telescope sounds fab!

Yep, I'm delighted with it! Love the AT-AT too. Please post some pics when it's done
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Got a Beer Sub, which is lovely, and will be used excessively from 3.30PM today.

Good Lady also bought me a Nintendo Switch, just a shame I haven't seen it since she started playing Zelda : breath Of The Wild.

Jim_Campbell

In recognition of my request not to buy me "stuff", given that I'm currently trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" in the house, I got gin. Lots of gin. And, very unexpectedly, a bottle of 18-year old Macallan single malt. I'm not a whisky drinker, basically because I can't bring myself to spend the sort of money required to get the good stuff... but I could get used to this. (Google didn't give me much useful info on the best mixer, but I'm trying to lose weight, so I've gone with diet coke.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 December, 2020, 12:11:03 PM
...a bottle of 18-year old Macallan single malt. I'm not a whisky drinker, basically because I can't bring myself to spend the sort of money required to get the good stuff... but I could get used to this. (Google didn't give me much useful info on the best mixer, but I'm trying to lose weight, so I've gone with diet coke.)

Nice little tipple - I agree it could get expensive drinking some well matured malts but as a frugal Scot I look out for deals at my local Costco and usually can get something under £25 and as I'm not spending in pubs at the moment £25 is cheap! (By the way I'm not arsing a whole bottle in one night maybe a couple of weekends 👍🏻😁)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dandontdare

In the absence of family get-togethers and Christmas shopping opportunities, most people got Amazon vouchers off me this year ... and sent me Amazon vouchers in return (usually in lower amounts). A nice cheque off my mum (who I think is just trying to avoid inheritance tax by increasingly large Xmas donations to us kids!), plus a few choccies and beers. Just waiting till December payday clears so I can do my own booty shopping!

IndigoPrime

Quotetrying to reduce the amount of "stuff" in the house
Which now technically means you'll have to "get rid" of all that gin somehow. Oh no.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 December, 2020, 02:41:37 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 December, 2020, 12:11:03 PM
...a bottle of 18-year old Macallan single malt. I'm not a whisky drinker, basically because I can't bring myself to spend the sort of money required to get the good stuff... but I could get used to this. (Google didn't give me much useful info on the best mixer, but I'm trying to lose weight, so I've gone with diet coke.)

Nice little tipple - I agree it could get expensive drinking some well matured malts but as a frugal Scot I look out for deals at my local Costco and usually can get something under £25 and as I'm not spending in pubs at the moment £25 is cheap! (By the way I'm not arsing a whole bottle in one night maybe a couple of weekends 👍🏻😁)

If you'll stretch to whiskey with an 'e', you can do a lot worse than Lidl's Dundalgan brand. Genuinely award-winning stuff and less than 20 euro (which would make it considerably less than 20 pounds I suppose).