Main Menu

why doctor who will probally suck.

Started by doktor bee, 10 March, 2005, 12:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Matt Timson

Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed Battlestar Galactica the first time round, but seeing it again (now that my brain has fully developed) I can see it for the toss that it was (dreary was probably an adjective too far and I hold up my hands!).

As remakes go, I liked the new BG a lot better than the original.  That said, I can remember most of the best lines from the original and I was pleased that the old style Cylons and Vipers were included as part of historical 'fact' for the remake.  I'm reasonably happy for the show to spend it's first season finding it's feet as that tends to happen a lot- and don't forget it was a very short season as well.

As for your gay and black issues, I can't really be arsed to get drawn into it- but I will agree that you very rarely see a *real* black man or woman on American TV.  As you say, they all seem to be suspiciously caucasian looking...

:)
Pffft...

Devons Daddy

i am sold on this, and will await the arrival of the tapes from the UK.

i think its going to be good.as long as we allow it to be not high budget entertainment.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

There's a Dr Who feature in this week's Time Out (which also has a feature about ME in it, btw!) - which said that Simon Pegg was going to be in it as a baddie. Seal of approval if one was needed!

The also article had a "10 Things You Didn't Know About Dr Who" list - of which Oddgirl knew three. And she claims to not be a geek!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Byron Virgo

"There's a Dr Who feature in this week's Time Out (which also has a feature about ME in it, btw!)"

Where's this? What's the feature and where can I find it in the publication?

I'm supposed to be working on the counter now, so I'll have a quick flick through and see if I can't find you in there...

Oddboy

March 9-16, 2005 - issue 1803.

I'm on page 135 (first page of the "Nightlife" section). Not sure which page the Dr Who bit is on.

Byron Virgo

Found it already, and shown it around other members of staff. You confused me at first by wearing a hat in the picture...

Oddboy

Grant Goggans

I had a viewing party last night and we watched "Rose."  Six adults and four kids, and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.  We can't wait for the rest of the series.

--Grant

Byron Virgo

Has it already been on? I would have thought they'd have advertised it. Maybe I'll catch a repeat sometime, if I'm about.

IndigoPrime

It's not been shown on the TV yet. The first episode will be broadcast at 7pm on the 26th.

Byron Virgo

The 26th of this month? Then how did that other chap claim to have watch it? Most curious...

Bico

cough cough he downloaded it off the internet, then burned it as a dvd or vcd, then watched it in his dvd player as normal cough

Grant Goggans

cough cough something like that cough cough

Mind you, if the BBC had found an American buyer, we wouldn't have to go to such extremes here.  But we'll pay for the DVD box set all the same when it's released in time for Christmas.

cough cough of course my stinkin' best friend moved to Canada last year and gets to see it in three weeks cough cough

--Grant

judge dreddd

my dr who mate richard, i mean perp, says its super duper fabo ...from what people say