Started by JOE SOAP, 10 July, 2018, 01:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

i, thankfully, have no idea what all this is about  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 January, 2020, 11:45:56 AM
i, thankfully, have no idea what all this is about  :lol:

Fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, the corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

low down dirty drokker

Yo.. Drokkbots,,Is moffat blacked up in that screenshot, or is it just poor lighting?.. Either way if he had less hair he kinda looks like me in the face, at least from that angle,. Only I'm not as chubby.

Offensive comment removed, and the photo is of Stephen Graham

JOE SOAP

Robert Meyer Burnett gives a detailed summary of the alleged Colin Trevorrow & Derek Connolly Episode IX script, featuring old Lucas-lore like Chewie in an X-Wing.

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 14 January, 2020, 04:59:24 AM
Robert Meyer Burnett gives a detailed summary of the alleged Colin Trevorrow & Derek Connolly Episode IX script, featuring old Lucas-lore like Chewie in an X-Wing.

This script sounds as bad as what we ended up with.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

radiator

Quote from: blackmocco on 14 January, 2020, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 14 January, 2020, 04:59:24 AM

This script sounds as bad as what we ended up with.

Agree. From the outline, it sounds pretty dreadful.

Tiplodocus

Blimey. I was wanting to go to a late show tonight for a second viewing but it's barely on any screens in our area.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 January, 2020, 08:33:18 PM
Blimey. I was wanting to go to a late show tonight for a second viewing but it's barely on any screens in our area.

Similar realisation here. But there were still loads of showings last week and it has been out a full month now so I don't know what I was expecting...

Dandontdare

really? I assumed it'd  be on for ages. Best get down the cinema then (not the most ringing endorsement for a film ever)

The studios don't care if the fan-wankdom hate it, they know that the disgruntled fanbase will ALWAYS  buy a ticket, just so they can be first with their snarky put-downs, so job done.

IndigoPrime

We have three big multiscreen Vues within spitting distance. Three showings at one; two at another; none at all at the place where we saw it (which is still showing Joker). I guess every blockbuster now is basically on a two-to-three-week schedule, for the most part.

Tiplodocus

So I enjoyed that MUCH more on a second viewing. Still breathlessly paced with too much movie crammed in but I think the 3D on first viewing was dark (and being front row of IMAX didn't help) but whole thing much clearer this time. Plus I didn't have a stinking cold which also helped. Plus I was prepared for all of the disappointment of them throwing away all the good Last Jedi stuff.

But really enjoyed it despite it being full of wrong.

Dandontdare

Finally got around to this at the weekend. Yeah, it was pretty good, didn't see anything that made me angry, but it just went on a bit long - by the time they got to the watery sabre-fight, I was kinda ready for it to be over, but we had a whole extra heap of ghost-whispering and space battles to come.

Tiplodocus

This leaked footage from the abandoned  Star Wars: Underworld (which sounded like a terrible idea) looks totally fake and fan made to me.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 February, 2020, 09:33:08 AM
This leaked footage from the abandoned  Star Wars: Underworld (which sounded like a terrible idea) looks totally fake and fan made to me.

It's test footage that first appeared around 6 years ago in a showreel for Stargate Studios. I've seen worse.

Some of the ideas that were considered as episodes for the series ended up as Rogue One and Solo.