Main Menu

Another new writer

Started by Rorschachs_Journal, 03 May, 2012, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorschachs_Journal

Hi everyone.

I've recently submitted a Future Shock script to the green one. It's actually my first comic script submission. I put a lot of effort in and feel I did something fairly smart and maybe a little bit different to what I'd assume is the norm. So here's hoping! But in all honesty I'm not daft! I know it's not that easy! I'd be over the moon with just some pointers about how I could improve! Anything on top of that is a mega bonus!

I've written stuff for as long as I can remember. Mostly I write comedy sketches and screenplays, I'm actually just getting started on an independent Youtube series with Characters a friend and I have been messing about with for nearly six years! We've only posted test footage so far, but it seems to be coming together!

But I've always loved comics! I jumped into 2000ad somewhere in the 900s when I was around 9 or 10. I've jumped in and out ever since. I'd love to be able to get some stuff published in the future. Seeing your story come to life in art form must be a fantastic feeling!  :D
"ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE?!" - Steven Seagal, Out For Justice, 1991

Youtube comedy channel: www.youtube.com/user/bruceclap

locustsofdeath!

You've hopped aboard a crowded boat.

Take the small press route. You'll work with editors that will help you improve, and if you get a script accepted - they'll do the legwork as far as finding an artist. Best way to go, easiest way to learn.

Rorschachs_Journal

Thanks for the advice!

I'm looking at submitting something to Kaleidoscope's anthologys. But I'll be on the lookout for more!
"ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE?!" - Steven Seagal, Out For Justice, 1991

Youtube comedy channel: www.youtube.com/user/bruceclap