Main Menu

Obi Wan Kenobi film (kinda) announced.

Started by Pete Wells, 17 August, 2017, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 August, 2017, 04:42:12 PM
I'm going to keep saying it: Obi-Wan — The Tatooine Years.

A Kurosawa/Leone style western with light sabres...? Who wouldn't want to watch that?!

There was a pretty good story in one of the FCBD comics along those lines, with Ben keeping an eye on Luke from afar, and making sure that no harm came to him when he wandered off as a kid this one time...

Pete Wells

There's a few things I'd like to see here. I love to see more of the Tuskan Raiders (they terrified me as a kid, their guttural language is particularly unsettling.) Obi Wan seemed to have previous with them "Sandpeople scare easily, but will be back, in greater numbers!" I'd like them to quantify that statement!

Owen Lars had a healthy dislike of Ben; it could just be a dislike of all Jedi because of Annakin, or it could be more. Again, going back to the sand people, maybe the trouble Clegg Lars was having with them on the moisture farm escalates over the years (possibly exacerbated by Annakin's rampage,) putting young Luke potentially in danger. It'd be great to see Ben helping from afar, much to the anger of grumpy Uncle Owen.

As others have said, Ben knew his way around Mos Easley cantina, there's plenty of scope for some gritty adventures with some of the colourful denizens from there. If not, like the comic, a run in with some of the Hutt gangsters or their henchmen could be awesome!

Liam Neilson would be a welcome addition too. I really like to see Ben learning to contact Qui-Gon's ghost.

Finally, there's the whole Rey thing. If she is a Kenobi, then somewhere in this Ben would meet her granny in this movie. I like to think of Ben's time on Tatooine as quite monastic, but a momentary lapse with a great new character in the heat of a new adventure would be forgivable.

So, tonnes of scope for good writers to come up with a cool Ben movie. Bring it on, I say!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Ben Kenobi should be revealed as a spy for the Empire all along! He didn't tell his Imperial pay Masters about Luke and Leia as he wanted to corrupt them to be his Padawan's and use them to kill the Emperor and Darth Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi would then declare himself Galactic Emperor with Luke and Leia as his shadowy Enforcers, Hail evil everybody. Sadly, of course, he became weak and succumbed to morality, and hence the rather dull, religious mumbo jumbo man in the desert recovers his soul crap we'll probably get served up.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

Ben-The Wilderness years.

Is this going to feature a big bear?  :-\

Anyway cool if "hello there" McG could be starring.

he could smoke crack in his terrorist hide out.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JLC

It should just be a dialogue free drama about Ben living in the wilderness of Tattooine. Trying to fix up his home, build a well, grow crops etc.