Main Menu

Watkins, the Broons, Wullie and an exhibition.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 09 January, 2006, 04:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

The Art of Oor Wuliie and The Broons - The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, January 11th to February 26th.

There's a small sounding but free exhibiton on in Glasgow as part of the apparantly trendy Celtic Connections Music Festival. You can see 11 almost life sized images of the characters, 7 colour prints, and this is the interesting bit 22 pages of original artwork from legendary comics artist Dudley D. Watkins.

I'm thinking of putting this months saving money towards a trip north but the fact that a permanant D.C. Thompson exhibition is in consideration is staying my hand. For those of you ensconced in Cal Hab it's probably worth a wee bit of your time. Besides it'll probably please your Salmonic majesty if you boost entry numbers.

Trout

Salmonic? If you say so!

Sounds good, anyway. If you're in Jockland, David, give me a shout.

- Pish fish

The Enigmatic Dr X

Jings! Crivens! Help Ma Boab!

Sounds good. I'll pop along one lunch time.
Lock up your spoons!

Funt Solo

Oor Wullie, your Wullie, a'body's Wullie!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Satanist

Michty Me!

I'll have to pop in when Im at FP one lunch time.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

johnnystress

can someone take some photos of this and stick them up here?(a la the Zarjaz exhibition thread)?

DavidXBrunt

Ooooh, good idea.

Trouty, noted.

I read in the paper today that Glasgow is one of 2006's hot tourist spots. And did I see in the Sunday Post that they've banned glass from pubs?

Satanist

"And did I see in the Sunday Post that they've banned glass from pubs?"

Yes and deservedly so, his musics shite!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

johnnystress

Interview with Frank Quitely- discussing the  his art and techniques and a little bit about the work of Dudley D Watkins.

Link: http://www.horhaus.com/weblogs/archives/horcast/podcasts/HorCast30-011606.mp3" target="_blank">Interview