Main Menu

Why the Judges uniform is spot on!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 July, 2011, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 July, 2011, 01:23:31 AMBut doesn't 2000AD lore say we have to see Anderson's nipples through the thickest of leather?

I can see them, all of them. You just need to know where to look. Just eat a whole pack of Neapolitan ice cream first - massive brain freeze helps, a lot.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Buttonman

Sorry I'm with ABCWarbot.

haha not really!

Good work John, a bit long winded (as always), but you could sum the movie uniform up in one word -  'practical'.

The comic uniform is great and iconic but how many real life judges would have copped it while their eagle was jammed in a doorway?

My only niggle is the helmet is too big, but that was dispelled somewhat with the shot of the three judges in Empire where it looked fine.

All good for me - apart from the 13 month wait!

Fuzzed

CF - That was a great read. Thank you.

mogzilla

well done that man! i hope all the various scojo alter egos are reading from their padded mum's basement.
    maybe they'll do a dress uniform in a sequel that more matched the anally obsessed "fan's" view on "how it should be"  .

i bought the mag ,its tops and theres a new muppet film coming out!!! :D

Proudhuff

well said CF, can that be cut and pasted into all the movie thread?s  :D
DDT did a job on me

Rex The Runt

Good post OP - and we may yet see the big gold eagle if theres a reason to show a ceremonial uniform - eg graduation flashback or formal guard.
@roguetrooper815

Stu101

What he said.
CF's post is just what I was thinking after reading various nah sayers on here. (he clearly knows his stuff & was well written)
Empire pics were lovely to see (the mag is crap tho)

Now a break for a few months untill another snippet

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Rex The Runt on 29 July, 2011, 05:49:53 PM
Good post OP - and we may yet see the big gold eagle if theres a reason to show a ceremonial uniform - eg graduation flashback or formal guard.

Not this year or the next.

judge macbrayne

COMMANDO FORCES

While I was at work last night I had a niggling feeling in the back of my mind about one item that I had talked about and that was the helmet and the angles of vision obtained while wearing it and then it hit me  :-[
I thought back to my counter terrorism jollies and remembered what I was wearing on my head many a time (depending on the situation), that's right folks, the SF10 Respirator!
As with the Judge helmet the vision is terrible but with training, discipline and belief in your equipment it's easy to use and you just get on with the job when you wear it!

I believe that will counteract any argument about the vision from the helmet in the future!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 July, 2011, 08:00:17 PMI believe that will counteract any argument about the vision from the helmet in the future![/color]

Who're you kiddin', of course it won't, most people don't do counter-terrorism or care, they will call it as they see it...and after all it's only a film.

Now, back to you cellar and stop thinking defence, there's stock-taking to be done for the big garage-sale...or didn't your wife tell you...?

COMMANDO FORCES

Funny you should mention the 'Cellar', I've just taken a load of pics of fridge magnets and spugs for the next few articles  ;)

JOE SOAP

COMMANDO FORCES

I still have to do a walkthrough one! May do it this weekend  :-\