Main Menu

Rob Schneider to cameo in Dredd

Started by Dudley, 16 August, 2011, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Ag- meant to say I knew he was dead, but if he wasn't, it would have been great!

Curse my fingers...

Michaelvk

NOT. A. F()CK!!

He wouldn't have survived the SA crew. They would've dragged him round the back of the studios to give him a right proper shoeing for just being so God-awfully annoying..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Misanthrope

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 August, 2011, 04:48:25 PM
NOT. A. F()CK!!

He wouldn't have survived the SA crew. They would've dragged him round the back of the studios to give him a right proper shoeing for just being so God-awfully annoying..

In that case, sign him up for the sequel!
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Mardroid

Oddly, I didn't mind him in the 95 film, although I can see why many would. He is meant to be an annoying character, but I didn't think any more so than many standard citizens of Mega-city one who actually appear in the comic.  That being said, I'm not acquainted with the character he was actually meant to be portraying, who I understand was different in the comic.

My main annoyance (and it's mainly in hindsight, as I watched the film before becoming acquainted with the comic) was Stallone cheesing it up later. I find that campy stuff more amusing than annoying, but watching it again after reading the comics, I felt more irritated as I saw just how far off he is.

vzzbux

Ian Dury for Judge Death in the sequel. "The crime issss life, the sssentence is to be hit with a rythm stick".

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Noisybast

As far as Schnieder's character goes, I'm not too fussed about the dissimilarities from the comic. Why should Schnieder's Herman Ferguson, aka Fergie be anything like Fergee, King of the Big Smelly? The former is a small-time crook, recently released from the cubes and the other is a big, dumb, heroic undercity dweller who saved the city. Similar names, but clearly different characters.

On the other hand, Stallone's "Joseph Dredd" bears little or no resemblance to the Joe Dredd of the comics. I know which one I was more annoyed about...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 August, 2011, 04:48:25 PM
NOT. A. F()CK!!

"Nobody was harmed in the making of this film. Except Rob Schneider."

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Noisybast on 18 August, 2011, 05:47:10 PM
As far as Schnieder's character goes, I'm not too fussed about the dissimilarities from the comic. Why should Schnieder's Herman Ferguson, aka Fergie be anything like Fergee, King of the Big Smelly? The former is a small-time crook, recently released from the cubes and the other is a big, dumb, heroic undercity dweller who saved the city. Similar names, but clearly different characters.

The character is credited as Herman 'Fergee' Ferguson in the film not 'Fergie' so going by your logic why really should he be called 'Fergee' in the first place, why not call him Cunty McCuntish if he's supposed to represent a different character, not helped by the notion that part of the story is a riff on the Day the Law Died?

Let's face it, it's a silly film produced by silly people. We shouldn't need to defend it. It did no one any good to any true degree.

Toni Scandella

I liked Schneider more than Stallone in that film.

I remember being in the cinema (luckily I had not paid - Daily Star freebie ticket) and for 5 minutes was all, like, 'YES!!!' - I had liked Stallone in Demolition Man and Cliffhanger so it seemed he was on an up...

Then everything fell to bits.  Scneider funnily enough never really irritated me, and I lol-ed when he called Stallone 'Mr. "I AM THE LEUUURGGHHH"'... and for years I tried looking on the bright side - nice designs apart from the uniform, Hammerstein looked great, as did Mean Angel.  Er... Ian Dury was in it.  I liked most of the music...

I mean - I don't want to see that Schneider character back, but I don't wish the man any harm and I'm not convinced he was that much of a problem...

Then again, I don't think I have re-watched the movie in full since 1995.  I could well be mistaken.

spacemanspliff

Why i know what to do with "fergie" (blasphemer!) firstly we have dredd use him as a human shield from mama (thereby being ma's first onscreen kill) then have his still twiching body fed through the patented"Pa Angel Mk1 super-scream torture machine" as described in destinys angel for the rest of the minute that scummy egg suckers on screen for..........wholesome family entertainment.
"...my android replica is playing up again,it's no joke when she moans she call's another's name,but that's the spirit of the age..."

Devons Daddy

i was thinking more of a STANDARD EXECUTION, for crimes against the MEG(azine and 2000ad), no need to elborate, we merely have him knelt on the floor, lawgiver to the back of the head,rain falling heavily, bouncing off dredds helmet, then a  single shot, dredd calling it in, and stating justice has been served. cut to dredd on his lawmaster and riding off as the meat wagon arrives.

THATS WORTH A MINUTE OF SCREEN TIME.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

mogzilla

they should have let him die like in the original script which was echoed in the ezquerra adaptation (poor fella must ve needed the money ;))

JOE SOAP

They shouldn't have made the film. Full. Stop.