Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Sinx on 18 February, 2019, 05:46:20 pm »
Saw Alita : Battle Angel recently and it was not too bad at all - probably preferred it over Aquaman. Seeing it in IMAX definitely helped, the cinema shakes when ever there's a big impact. Just scraping a 3/5 from me.
The only thing about the film though was every time I see Ed Skein now, before I actually register who it is, I just remember that scene when Ryan Reynolds is trying to guess his name in Deadpool and says "Is it Basil Fawlty?" in his faux Cockney accent  :lol: :lol: Just can't take the fella seriously any more!
News / Re: New specials: 2000 AD, Cor!!, Tammy, Vigilant, and more
« Last post by DrJomster on 18 February, 2019, 05:36:02 pm »
Excellent news all round!
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on 18 February, 2019, 02:56:00 pm »
Bad Times AT The El Royale

This film is a hoot. Funny, gruesome, and full of intrigue.

Anyone thinking of watching this should try to go into it without knowing too much about it.

Which is why I shall now shut up except to say it's very, very good.
Classifieds / Re: Wanted!
« Last post by maryanddavid on 18 February, 2019, 02:18:22 pm »
Thanks folks. Got sorted!
Film & TV / Re: PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY THE NEW STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by Tiplodocus on 18 February, 2019, 01:57:50 pm »
I liked it. It hasn't quite got the right balance and integration of action vs. character stuff but I'd rather we got this than, say, Spock punching the shit out of Khan as at the end of Into Darkness.

And Pike gives us an unashamed command presence who is very much Star Trek and not pushing some mad secret agenda. It could have been Burnham but then again, I do like her complexities (and Sonequa Martin-Green is great)
Film & TV / Re: Blu-ray Minithread
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on 18 February, 2019, 01:53:29 pm »
Thanks Hawk.
The When a Strangers Calls set is outstanding and well worth getting.
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by von Boom on 18 February, 2019, 01:45:38 pm »
Happy the scans went well for you sharky!
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 18 February, 2019, 01:27:32 pm »
"The ship's coming to bits." "Hang one, we need to have a philosophical discussion." "The engines are about to melt." "Just wait, we need to scratch our arses for a minute." "Everyone on the bridge is about to die." "Give us a minute, it's all getting pretty tearful down here in the Dithering Cube." "We are absolutely and positively out of time." "Just a tick, we need to do a pinky swear and have a hug."
« Last post by broodblik on 18 February, 2019, 01:25:04 pm »
Deary me. Episode 5 was just terrible. Tilly doing ‘pinky swears’ was the low point.

Episocde 5 was actually much better than 4 but I think the 'pinky swear' will work on the Brexit deal
Off Topic / Re: RIPs
« Last post by CalHab on 18 February, 2019, 01:21:19 pm »
He's in the German original and it's semi-sequel. The Hollywood version is a very different thing with Meg Ryan and Nic Cage. I didn't think it was as bad as many critics suggested, but it took nothing other than the idea of angels living among us from the Wenders film.

It also doesn't have the benefit of featuring a performance by Crime & the City Solution, as Wings of Desire does!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10