Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by The Monarch on 21 May, 2018, 09:14:01 pm »
congrats on the first hundred lot of good stuff for the next 100 then....well...err :o
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 21 May, 2018, 08:12:16 pm »
Aaand we're back to Trump, the ginger turnip.

Games / Re: Last game played...
« Last post by The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 May, 2018, 08:11:00 pm »
Ooh. Just got Halo Wars 1 & 2 to play. Looking forward to it
Prog / Re: Prog 2082 - Out For Blood!
« Last post by Richard on 21 May, 2018, 07:37:32 pm »
That logo was so good I was surprised that Tharg didn't incorporate it in the series title.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 21 May, 2018, 07:26:12 pm »
Having a look over the three Nikolai Dante volumes released so far, and comparing them to previous collections (DC/ Rebellion volumes 1-9) and the progs (stopping briefly to imagine my wife screaming "THE *SAME* F**KING COMIC?!- THREE TIMES?!?!") I have discovered niggles.
The initial splash page of Hachette 1 is missing the text. Was this in the original progs? (Mine are boxed away upstairs, and Emmerdale is on).
Why do the Hachette volumes start by removing all the start of episode captions and logos and episode titles, but then later on start reprinting them?
I love the look and feel of the Hachette versions, but am missing the covers galleries that the earlier editions printed at the back.
Like I say, niggles. Mainly, having reread Dante a couple of times over the last few years, I've always felt that initial text over the very start of the story was vital. Am I wrong? Was it ever supposed to be that way? How did it start in the progs?
I'd go up and check... But after Emmerdale is double Corrie and it's the start of a big week, what with Phelan being back and all.

SBT
Music / Re: What's everyone listening to...?
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 21 May, 2018, 06:29:43 pm »
Managed to high five Clint Boon at the Manchester Great Run yesterday. (I was doing the 10k. It was hot!)

Ha! That's cool.

Anyway I've dicovered Goat Girl after seeing them live the other day. Their album is great.
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Tjm86 on 21 May, 2018, 06:07:12 pm »
well, that's a turnip.
News / Re: Charley's War Bookplates
« Last post by Eamonn Clarke on 21 May, 2018, 06:01:36 pm »
Well issue 2 has just arrived (went for the discount bulk buy) and it’s got a bookplate! Thanks Tharg/Pat. Didn’t expect that, maybe a wee mistake somewhere?
Same here. I hope the peeps who ordered the bookplates don’t get the plain ones.
Music / Re: What's everyone listening to...?
« Last post by Tiplodocus on 21 May, 2018, 05:51:30 pm »
Managed to high five Clint Boon at the Manchester Great Run yesterday. (I was doing the 10k. It was hot!)
News / Re: Rogue Trooper Short
« Last post by CalHab on 21 May, 2018, 05:47:32 pm »
The quartz zone looks a lot like a limestone quarry. Wouldn’t granite have been more geologically appropriate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10