Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Suggestions / Re: A DC crossover
« Last post by Smith on Today at 04:30:38 pm »
Considering that in recent years we saw JL/Power Rangers and Green Lantern/Planet of the apes,I dont think a 2000ad crossover would be a problem.
General / Re: Looking for Pre-Street Judge Info...
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on Today at 04:24:35 pm »
Bit harsh there. He can write what he wants - altered dredd timeline stories by non-prog writers are hardly unprecedented anyway.

Thanks for the encouragement!

K2

No worries.  No offence to Richard but I just knew someone would come along to the thread to warn you off 'our' territory.

I think most posters will agree that you're welcome in the forum and that it's great to see a new Dredd fan taking an interest.
Megazine / Re: Meg 393 - Hard Rain!
« Last post by Magnetica on Today at 04:03:13 pm »
In a way in seems a shame this is the last movie Dredd. I’m certainly enjoying it more than the recent Prog Sov epic. And given we are probably still years away from the Dredd TV series, there is surely plenty of time to clear the boards for that. (As I write that I’m immediately questioning if that is true - not sure how far ahead multi part Meg stories get scheduled).
« Last post by Steve Green on Today at 03:58:06 pm »
It's still pretty loose - even with the gaps filled in by Origins. There are some bits retconned or at least omitted by Origins (Fargo's sister Arden Polders from the Cal Files story doesn't get a mention)

Booth's tenure involves a bit of expansionism, invading for resources etc. which occurs after the establishment of the Street Judges.

The resource issue could be a particular piece, and Booth relied on mechanisation in his attempts to hold on to power (although this is some established pre-origins and isn't really addressed that much in it)

Automation and decimation of jobs could be another factor you might like to look at - that's definitely something in Dredd's world.
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 03:50:01 pm »
his ultimate reversal of opinion on Street Judges
I don't recall him ever having done this. As he was dying, his whispered to Dredd that it was never meant to be forever, but that was likely referring to the judges having ultimately authority over the USA rather than the street judge system per se. (In other words, Fargo likely assumed they'd eventually return to a system with a president and the like at least, but with street judges continuing to be law enforcement.)
« Last post by K2 on Today at 03:45:28 pm »
Bit harsh there. He can write what he wants - altered dredd timeline stories by non-prog writers are hardly unprecedented anyway.

Thanks for the encouragement!

K2
« Last post by K2 on Today at 03:42:11 pm »
Who do you think is going to read this?
2000AD fans aren’t going to be interested in a story written by someone they’ve never heard of about a 2000AD character which contradicts 2000AD’s origin story for that character, as written by 2000AD’s most important writer.
Why don’t you just come up with your own characters and setting and write a completely original story instead?

Thanks for responding.

Fair enough, however for good or bad the story would not be appropriate for this site, or for die-hard Dredd or Die fans anyway I suspect.  My inspiration came form simply the "Dredd" movie, and as I investigated it, the Judge Dredd world as a whole and so on simply to learn more I became fascinated... But, no doubt due to lack of easily found web-sources, found a lot of holes in what I could discover.

The one aspect that intrigued me however was how and why did it get to that point (of Dredd), and "what inspired Eustace Fargo to shift from a political career to a L.E./Judicial one, and what would make that system a justifiable one to have."  In the end however, all of the tidbits about Fargo's career, his ultimate reversal of opinion on Street Judges, his policies that shaped them (ex.: celibacy) and ultimate failures to abide by them and so on, simply left the premise for what struck me as a great lead in as to "why."

The "why" of it all is intriguing. However... though all of it is semi-reasonable (and I get it, it is just a fantasy world), it also presents a great opportunity to develop reasons to make all of that happen, in a very real sense.  Sometimes the "why" something got to how it is can be even more interesting than the "how."

In the end however you are right. 'Who would read it?'  Well, I suppose that doesn't matter in that I'm enjoying creating it.  That's the only reason I do much of anything.

I had just hoped the experts here could have helped educate me as to Dredd and Fargo, given me some better insights, and been excited to share their knowledge with someone ignorant of something they love.

But I get it...

Thanks never the less!

K2
Suggestions / Re: A DC crossover
« Last post by Robo-K33F on Today at 03:41:54 pm »
Not DC, but will there ever be a Punisher/Dredd crossover?

If I understand correctly, Wagner / Grant pitched a Dredd Vs Wolverine comic to Marvel, and the response was along the lines of "You went to DC first, so bog off!"

First time I’ve heard that - not sure if it is gospel. I had a brief meeting with Axel Alonso about five years ago to discuss the possibility of a Dredd v Punisher crossover. He liked the idea, but the bottom line is that Marvel and DC have enough going on with their own huge universes...
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by Southstreeter on Today at 03:23:00 pm »
Do we think that there will be much difference between these ABCs and the Mek Files? If the content is the same (roughly two ‘books’ per volume) and we cover the lot then I’m in for the cheaper Ultimate editions.
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on Today at 03:17:55 pm »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10