Main Menu

Blade Runner 2

Started by Goaty, 27 February, 2015, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 09 May, 2017, 12:34:01 PM
But why does the trailer go to such lengths [spoiler]to make you think Gosling is a replicant from the get-go.[/spoiler]?

Probably to get it out of the way. No point having that old chestnut be the 'twist' of the film. It doesn't even work as a twist in Ridley's redux of the original.

JOE SOAP

TRAILER 2

It looks very pretty – and the inclusion of the deleted farm scene from the original suggests [spoiler]Bautista won't be in it much past the opening[/spoiler].

JLC

All looks lovely but still don't see the point of it all.

Colin YNWA

Hollywood, right after stopping doing those character poster thingies, need to track down and DESTROY and the people who write those taglines in trailers.

NO ONE

CAN OUT RUN

The fact that make naff all sense really and basically all sound a little silly when you say them in your head.

SIP

Quote from: JLC on 17 July, 2017, 07:58:42 PM

I think the point is to tell a story, provide entertainment and perhaps provide some food for thought.

Looks great, can't wait.

JLC

Quote from: SIP on 17 July, 2017, 10:14:15 PM

I think the point is to tell a story, provide entertainment and perhaps provide some food for thought.

Looks great, can't wait.
Haha, very clever. You know full well what I mean!

It seems like more pointless nostalgia, just like the terrible new Alien movies. C'mon Hollywood more new stuff please!

SIP

Quote from: JLC on 17 July, 2017, 10:26:39 PM
Quote from: SIP on 17 July, 2017, 10:14:15 PM

Looks great, can't wait.
Haha, very clever. You know full well what I mean!

It seems like more pointless nostalgia, just like the terrible new Alien movies. C'mon Hollywood more new stuff please!

This film has a really excellent director currently at the top of his game and a first class cast. It also looks undeniably beautiful. I suspect this will not emulate the recent  disappointing Alien films.

I have a very positive feeling that it will be worthwhile. At the very least it gives me another Harrison Ford outing and for that alone I'm happy.

Tiplodocus

Much as I love Harrison Ford, I do struggle to think of a genuinely great film that he's been in since about 1990.

But this looks grand.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

dweezil2

I thought he was genuinely excellent in Robert Zemeckis' 2000 film, What Lies Beneath and he gave a far more committed performance in The Force Awakens than he did in Return Of The Jedi, where he just appeared bored by the whole thing.
Lets hope the revival of some of his big franchises has reinvigorated him.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Spikes

After some initial misgivings - not all of them dispelled - I am warming to this more and more. The latest trailer is pretty darn good, though, as is the rule nowadays with promotion,  we are seeing a far too big a chunk of the film. Time to stop watching these. Soon be October...

Steve Green

Yeah, I only watch 1 trailer per film these days, if that.

JOE SOAP

The short film "Nexus: 2036" takes place in the year 2036 and revolves around Jared Leto's character, Niander Wallace. In this short, directed by Luke Scott (Morgan), Wallace introduces a new line of "perfected" replicants called the Nexus 9, seeking to get the prohibition on replicants repealed. This no doubt has serious ramifications that will be crucial to the plot of Blade Runner 2049.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-csFKhQCg

Mattofthespurs

Must have seen the trailer for this at least 7 times in the last 2 weeks at the cinema and the line that always gets me is;
"I used to do your job, and I was good at it" (paraphrase)

No he wasn't. He was shite at it. In the book and the original film.
Still, I will be one of the first in the queue to see it.
Roll on October.

JLC

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 August, 2017, 05:46:34 PM
The short film "Nexus: 2036" takes place in the year 2036 and revolves around Jared Leto's character, Niander Wallace. In this short, directed by Luke Scott (Morgan), Wallace introduces a new line of "perfected" replicants called the Nexus 9, seeking to get the prohibition on replicants repealed. This no doubt has serious ramifications that will be crucial to the plot of Blade Runner 2049.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-csFKhQCg
FFS is ths now becoming a thing? We have to watch crappy little prequel mini-movies on YouTube to fully understand the plot of a theatrical release?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JLC on 29 August, 2017, 10:17:28 PMWe have to watch crappy little prequel mini-movies on YouTube to fully understand the plot of a theatrical release?

Doubt it.