Main Menu

Returning fan wants some help...

Started by smuts1, 12 January, 2002, 05:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smuts1

Dear all,
After finding my old collection had gone missing, i have been trying to pick up copies of the old classics that i used to love and get up to date with the world of Judge dredd as i haven't been a reader for about five years up until a few months ago. Therefore, Please could anyone tell me what happened to CJ Macgruder. I understand Dredd killed her, but how and why.
Many thanks,
Smuts

McNulty

Actually, that's not quite true. McGruder was Chief Judge until an error of Judgement led her to step down and take the Long Walk into the Cursed Earth. Silver took over as Chief Judge after this. A few years later, Dredd, having a crisis as his role as a judge, took the Long Walk as well. In the Cursed Earth, he learned that the Dark Judges had taken Mega City One and were in the process of Judging it. On his way back, he ran into McGruder, who was slighly the worse for her time in the Cursed Earth, having gone unstable and sporting facial hair. The pair of them head back to Mega City One, and with ther help of a grup of Cadets and Anderson, they free the city of Death and co. McGruder is reinstalled as Chief Judge. It becomes clear that she is not the Judge she used to be. Dredd begins to have more and more concerns over decisions the chief Judge takes, especially with her plan to introduce robot judges to Mega City One. It also becomes clear that Mcgruder sees Dredd as a threat to her power. So McGruder sets Dredd up for the Titan trip and they all head off for the 10th planet in our Solar System, Hestia. There, a disaster strikes and Dredd, Mcgruder and others have to struggle to survive. Most do and return to Earth. McGruder steps down in favour of Volt, and we don'tt see her  for a while. We find outt that she has taken a turn for the worse and is diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease. She steadily declines. Dredd gives her one last taste of Judging on the Streets, and McGruder eventually dies of natural causes (something of an oddity for Chief Judges). I hope this brings you up to speed.