Main Menu

Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)

Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 11 July, 2017, 01:43:00 PM
From Wikipedia:

Quote"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views,[1] including feminism,[1][2] civil rights,[1] multiculturalism,[1] and identity politics.[3] The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and being engaged in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise personal reputation, also known as virtue signalling.[5]

Stand up for somebody else, without any personal gain - I can see why some people would find it difficult to believe anybody would do that (contrast with 'white-knighting').

sheridan

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 11 July, 2017, 07:28:11 AM
And funnily enough.  I don't read the Daily Mail and I voted for Jeremy Corbyn in the last election.   So put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Completely aside from any discussion on a) Doctor Who and b) other things that have arisen in this thread - if you voted for JC you must live pretty close to me (I'm in JC's constituency as well).

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: sheridan on 11 July, 2017, 10:03:00 PM
From Wikipedia:

Quote"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views,[1] including feminism,[1][2] civil rights,[1] multiculturalism,[1] and identity politics.[3] The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and being engaged in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise personal reputation, also known as virtue signalling.[5]

Stand up for somebody else, without any personal gain - I can see why some people would find it difficult to believe anybody would do that (contrast with 'white-knighting').

Nothing wrong with standing up for somebody without any personal gain (as long as it's not someone who's been proved to have done something like abused kids etc) but that's not an SJW.

Here's a good description of yer typical SJW........

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social%20justice%20warrior

Professor Bear

In my day we called them SMAs - Straw Man Arguments.

JLC

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 11 July, 2017, 10:13:51 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 11 July, 2017, 10:03:00 PM
From Wikipedia:

Nothing wrong with standing up for somebody without any personal gain (as long as it's not someone who's been proved to have done something like abused kids etc) but that's not an SJW.

Here's a good description of yer typical SJW........

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social%20justice%20warrior
[/quote
Resorting to the Urban Dictionary!  :lol:

That description makes rather rash & baseless accusations about people here who, as far as I can tell, simply believe in equality. Something your apparent homophobic & misogynistic comments imply that you sir do not. NOT AT ALL SIR!

Molch-R

This thread is now closed due to on-going unacceptable behaviour and language. Further discussion along these lines on other threads will result in closure of those threads and temporary bans to those involved.