DC comics

Started by Smith, 20 April, 2017, 07:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

positronic

Quote from: sheridan on 26 May, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: Smith on 26 May, 2017, 08:22:44 AM
Omnibii is the plural.
#Yourwelcome

Sorry, despite the Latin root, it's omnibuses (and the proscribed version would be omnibi, not omnibii).

#yourwelcometoo

Yeh, it would be really confusing if you had to refer to more than one schoolbus as a bunch of schoolbi.

Smith

positronic

Quote from: JamesC on 26 May, 2017, 02:55:44 PM
I have the Fourth World books (1,3 and 4 in hardcover but 2 in softcover as it had a short print run for some reason) and think that the print order works really well.
It's horses for courses but it seems that this is how it was originally intended to be read on a monthly basis.

It was read that way if one happened to buy all of the DC Kirby comics as they originally came out.

It doesn't make sense to me for a reprint collection though. I would prefer the reprints to focus on the linearity of the characters who were the core protagonists of the individual series. Thankfully they're doing that with at least Mister Miracle, in a separate TP collection. Jimmy Olsen had also been reprinted as a standalone series in two TP collections some years ago. IMO both New Gods and Forever People should be read the same way, first issue to last.

sheridan

Quote from: Smith on 26 May, 2017, 04:24:41 PM
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/omnibus
Both are correct.
As I said
Quotethe proscribed version would be omnibi, not omnibii).

Smith

Okay,that was my typo,I admit. :-[

Professor Bear

DC reveals that one of its titles is selling better than expected, which seems like good news until you notice that all their other top-selling books are collections of decades-old material.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Professor Bear on 15 July, 2017, 09:15:18 PM
DC reveals that one of its titles is selling better than expected, which seems like good news until you notice that all their other top-selling books are collections of decades-old material.

But doesn't that make it even better news? I mean if that is the case you'd think (naively) maybe that folks at DC will be looking keenly at what makes this sell and try to build that into other comics for the 6-12 year old market. Christ next thing you know they'll be making comics for a new generation not use fat sweaty chaps in our 40s.

Don't get me wrong we'll bitch and moan about it, but damn it we don't know what's good for us anyway!

Professor Bear

I've been bitching for years that DC should make more accessible comics, because that's the kind of DC comic that made me a fan in the first place.  Super Hero Girls is only good if DC actually take notice of its success and try to replicate it.

Zarjazzer

http://nerdist.com/white-knight-batman-joker-dc-comics/

this has me intrigued I admit fro I'm loving the art alone.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Smith

Granted,you got me to click on that...
Frank Miller...come on...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 25 July, 2017, 07:39:56 PM
DC announces THARG: YEAR ONE.

Ha! Fantastic. Now if only Tharg would really do that... although thinking on he has hasn't he?

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Smith on 25 July, 2017, 07:46:32 PM
Granted,you got me to click on that...
Frank Miller...come on...

The Goddamn cover, man.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 26 July, 2017, 11:23:02 PM
The Goddamn cover, man.

. . . And apologies for my Goddamn grumpy attempt at humour.