Main Menu

Clear out of 2000ad Graphic Novels

Started by mightybren, 15 May, 2017, 12:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightybren

Hi folks,

I'm planning to go travelling in the future, and I can't carry my comic collection around the world. I'm also not into the idea of paying to store items I'm not using.

I have a large number of 2000ad Graphic Novels which I'm putting up for sale on eBay over the coming months. A lot of old Titan editions and a few more recent ones as well. It's going to take me a while to get everything listed on eBay, so I'll keep this thread updated as I post more.

You can see everything on sale here...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/meache_9/m.html?item=222511167752&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Currently on sale are...
The Complete DR and Quinch
Nikolai Dante - The Romanov Dynasty
Killing Time featuring Winword and Cord
Durham Red - The Scarlett Cantos
Slaine - Demon Killer
Strontium Dog - Portrait of a Mutant
Batman / Judge Dredd - Die Laughing (issue 1 and 2 of the original comics, not a trade)
The ABC Warriors - The Black Hole
Slaine The Horned God - Volume 2

All in very good condition. They've been looked after and cared for over the years. I'm kinda heartbroken to let some of these go, I had second thoughts about a few of them last night as they are awesome and the artwork is stunning! I'm hoping they all go to good homes :)

There's a lot more coming too, watch this thread!

Cheers,
Bren

mightybren

Added a bundle of 4 Dredd books for sale. I'm not sure how much these are worth, and you can read most of these stories in the excellent editions Rebellion have been releasing recently. The 1992 annual is pretty cool though :)

• Classic Judge Dredd - featuring Judge Death (Titan Edition) - John Wagner and Brian Bolland
  • Judge Dredd in the collected Judge Anderson (Titan Edition) - John Wagner, Alan Grant, Brett Ewins, Cliff Robinson
  • The A-Z of Judge Dredd (Hamlyn Edition) - Mike Butcher
  • Judge Dredd 1992 Yearbook (Fleetway)

Full listing on ebay... in case anyone is interested.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222512205546?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Much more to come. Creating eBay listings is hard work!

mightybren

Hi folks,

I've added some more 2000ad Graphic Novels on eBay. I'm hoping I'm selling these at a good price? I'm not looking to make a profit, just clear out my possessions so I can travel the world :)

This week the following are on sale...
Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files Vol 2
Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files Vol 3
Judge Dredd - The Cursed Earth (Censored Titan Edition)
Judge Dredd - Necropolis
Judge Dredd - Judgement Day
Judge Dredd - The Apocalypse War
Judge Dredd - Justice One
Judge Dredd - Death Aid
Judge Dredd - Goodnight Kiss

I've also reduced the price of Slaine The Horned God - Volume 2 - now £1.50 (plus £1.48 postage)

More to come next week (and the week after that).

Cheers,
Bren

sheridan

I have every prog and no space to put reprints of stories I already have, so I'm not in the market to buy anything I'm afraid.

I am interested in where you're planning to travel though - you're planning a round-the-world trip by the looks of it?  I have two friends who escaped London for a year to do that.  Can't remember if they headed West or East now, but they had a great time.

mightybren

No worries, thanks Sheridan :) the gesture is very nice and much appreciated! A good collection definitely takes up a lot of space and I can relate.

I'll be heading East, hoping to travel through Europe and the Mediterranean and then into Asia. Maybe take a detour through the Baltics, Mongolia, and Nepal. Hoping to make a stop at New Zealand sometime to see some good friends of mine. It's been a goal for a long time and I think I finally have the opportunity to go! I'm allowing myself the luxury of a camera, a sketchbook, and a laptop and that's about it. I'm lucky to have had a few tastes of adventure in between work, but now I've got this infuriating itch that I HAVE to scratch!

I have a LOT of books, including a large collection of 2000ad and american reprints. Plus there's all the other crap I own which I'll probably donate to a worthy cause.
The comics I've been a bit sentimental about, especially the 2000ad reprints. 2000ad was a huge part of growing up for me and some of these reprints I've had since I was in school. It's been great dipping into them as I list them on eBay, and I have had a few existential moments where I've had second thoughts about selling them.
So long as they go to good homes, and so far it looks like a large chunk of them have for which I'm very grateful!

sheridan

I actually have another friend who did something similar, though her starting point was New Zealand (or possibly Australia - she has mixed parentage) and created a wonderful document about her travels, with pictures.  I met her on the London leg where she did some care work to fund the rest of her trip.

mightybren

I'm hoping to document my travels in some way. I've been lucky to have some great holidays in Asia over the years and have a large amount of photos on my Flickr account, but I'd like to produce a website or a book or something similar. I'll be taking a sketchbook with me along with my camera :)

I'm not certain if I'll be able to work abroad, I think I'm too old for casual work for travellers... I'm definitely open to the idea though. Doing care work in London while travelling must be a great experience. The people you'd get to meet!

mightybren

mightybren

Huge thank you to everyone who has bought comics from me so far :) It's really helping with my clear out and the small amount of additional funds are going straight into the travel kitty. I hope you enjoy them!

More coming soon. I think I have another two or batches of 2000ad comics to sell. After that I'll start to sell my collection of american graphic novels, although I won't advertise those here out of respect to TMO

This is the kind of thing you're enabling me to do, so it's enabling a good cause :)
https://500px.com/photo/215665417/gigantes-fishing-boat-by-brendan-meachen?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=3503218

Dodsy

Will be keeping an eye on the Psi Files
Twitter - @dodsy84

mightybren

The Psi-Files are all sold now :) those are beautiful books!

This week I'll be selling the last of my 2000ad graphic novel collection. Huge thanks to everyone for their support so far.

If you're interested in non 2000ad graphic novels then keep an eye on my ebay page, I'll be selling a complete collection of Preacher in the coming weeks, amongst other things.

Cheers,
Bren