Main Menu

Great opportunity for writers & artists!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 28 July, 2017, 11:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

The long running war comic, Commando is currently inviting submissions, something I figure may be of interest to a few of the talented writers and artists hereabouts.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Fair warning to both writers and artists that those who've worked on Commando in the past have said that the editors have OCD-level eyes for detail, and they will pull you up on even the smallest of historical inaccuracies.

Heath C Ackley

Thanks Jim for the heads up. I have considered submitting to Commando before but the thought of the research needed to write a competent strip has always put me off. I only hope I can come up with a good before the 21st!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

we66y

Thanks for sharing the information, I'm very keen to work for them but they're usually hard make contact with.

Steven Denton

Quote from: Professor Bear on 28 July, 2017, 12:24:14 PM
Fair warning to both writers and artists that those who've worked on Commando in the past have said that the editors have OCD-level eyes for detail, and they will pull you up on even the smallest of historical inaccuracies.

I've been know to overdo the period detail

we66y

Has anyone had a response from Commando, I requested a submission script and haven't even had a reply, let alone a review of the samples I submitted?

Mardroid

I thought of writing something for this, but I'm more inclined towards mixing some fantasy and/or supernatural horror in my historical fiction. Not the more 'straight historical war' stories this company would be after, I reckon. I wouldn't mind doing something straighter if I could include a decent twist or two, but I suspect I'd deviate a bit too much from history... 😆

we66y: when did you submit your samples? They might have a lot to got through, so I'd give them a bit longer.

we66y

I first started submitting art to them in 2012 and I've sent them a few submissions over the last 5 years. I've emailed, posted, messaged, I even left samples at an exhibition they had in London.  I requested a copy of their submission script just over a week ago (I know that's not very long ago).  In all this time they've  never gotten back to me, maybe I should take the hint.
But if anyone has been sent the commando submission script please could they post it here, I'd be very greatful.