Main Menu

New Rogue Trooper Film!!

Started by Beeks, 15 July, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Re: Button Man film...

Voice changer. Problem solved.

flesario

It's obviously very important what I think and this is what it is; tell the story to its conclusion no matter what it is, don't plan for sequals. If this does ok then it opens the door for other 2000ad properties rather than a sequal.

Woolly

Quote from: M.I.K. on 16 August, 2018, 07:51:31 PM
Re: Button Man film...

Voice changer. Problem solved.

Voice is changed, but the words aren't.

ABCwarBOT

Just rewatched Moon again.   Fair play that's a good film and Jones seems to be a big fan of a lot of 60s and 70s sci fi especially British so hopefully it's in good hands.

Jade Falcon

Sorry if this is a necrosis but I haven't read all the thread due to a low phone battery, but it would be nice to have an appearance by Rafella Blue. Also, I liked the slightly grittier Rogue shown in the Realpolitik graphic novel.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

DrRocka

Surely we don't need any MORE comparisons with The Raid?!!
Ah, hell... it's Duncan Jones, I've got total faith in him.
Never ever bloody anything ever

IndigoPrime

Irritating article, frankly. The Raid didn't influence Dredd, according to basically everyone outside of lazy film hacks. And Dredd and Rogue Trooper aren't in the same universe. (Yes, I know there was that crossover between Fr1day and Dredd, but that feels a bit more dimensional shenanigans than actual "everyone's in the same continuity".)

Tiplodocus

Quick! Write me a 1000 word article based on this thirty word tweet!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mardroid

Quote from: DrRocka on 11 March, 2019, 03:43:02 PM
Surely we don't need any MORE comparisons with The Raid?!!
Ah, hell... it's Duncan Jones, I've got total faith in him.

I didn't mind the article until I read that bit. So. Annoying!

Anyway, I have mixed feelings concerning the comparison with Guardians of the Galaxy and The Raid.

On one hand I'm not sure how it would work. I really like the Guardians... films and for all the darkness of the Rogue.... strip there is some humour to be had with Rogues biochips, etc. It could work.

I haven't seen The Raid, but I understand it generally went down well. I hope it doesn't involve Rogue stuck in a big building, fighting his way through to save budget, but I guess the budget could be also shaved setting it largely in a quarry environment too...

Reservedly hopeful.

Greg M.

Neither of those film comparisons are ones I would necessarily welcome in connection with Rogue Trooper, but I guess the Guardians part probably means some smart-mouthed biochips. Ah, what the heck, as I've said before, the guy likes Cinnabar, right? That buys plenty of credibility - let's see what he comes up with.

IndigoPrime

Also, whatever else you might think about the guy, he wrote and directed Moon, which was bloody excellent classic SF. There's no reason to think this won't be good.

blackmocco

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 March, 2019, 07:05:45 PM
Also, whatever else you might think about the guy, he wrote and directed Moon, which was bloody excellent classic SF. There's no reason to think this won't be good.

WoW and Mute would like a word. Nonetheless, I'm rooting for him and Rogue.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

IndigoPrime

Perhaps I should rephrase: there's no reason to automatically assume this will be bad.

IAMTHESYSTEM

He's working hard on his script and seems pleased by what he's prepared so far, so that has to be good news. Perhaps my vision of Saving Private Ryan in Space meets Full Metal Jacket is for another day! :) Sounds more Action orientated than a searing commentary on humanities aggressive nature.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla