Main Menu

Nikolai Dante

Started by Azrael, 23 January, 2002, 02:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azrael

Nikolai Dante is the dogs danglies covered in icing suger and resplendantly served in the head of a brain scooped out Monkey. The sliced top part of the skull then transformed into a bowl with a compliment of salsa dipping pickle, hot and spicy. Yum, a delicious, very exotic and different type of fodder that if gorged upon could turn quite sickly, so therefore after the war story arc, it's great  to see a change of course rather than waiting for the next meal, as a heady ballsy story line is developing along with more risque artwork. Dante returna as his old rogue self rather than a vengful soldier and it would be a good idea if the whole war arc was not forgotten and as a riposte to the humour mention was made of the great loss that Dante has suffered from time to time, and we also get to say Lady D'Winters buns at the end of this tasty story arc.

This is haute cuisine stuff compared, to other Jamie Oliver style stories in the mag - tasty, but when you've eaten the best you expect the best. I'm not full yet, and feel like pigging out - where are the graphic novels. Buuuurrrrpp!

Azrael

apologies for the illiterations, I have fat fingers from food, it should read 'see Lady D'Winters buns'

'pologies

Az

death monkey 23

That's not risque artwork, mate.
Anyway, I reckon Dante is a pile of nothing disguised as 'black socio-realistic satire'.
Someone wrote a letter the other week about 2KAD being taken over by corporate types.

It's certainly not very underground or exciting to have a 2000AD rave at the Ministry of Sound.  Indeed, a better adjective would be crap.

nathan

"It's certainly not very underground or exciting to have a 2000AD rave at the Ministry of Sound. Indeed, a better adjective would be crap."

You're just jealous cos you're too young to get in, monkey boy! ;-)

N

Thread Zero

Matt

I suppose holding the party at a centre for disfunctional basket weavers would be more up your street? A bit more PC eh?

death monkey 23

Well, excuse me if I have a few disagreements with someone who wants to eat my brains!

Mk13

>It's certainly not very underground or exciting to have a 2000AD rave at the Ministry of Sound. Indeed, a better adjective would be crap.

The Ministry is actually a number of feet below street level, so technically it is underground...

As to the other meaning of the word, we want 1500 people to turn up, so we need the event to have a fairly broad appeal.

Azrael

Hmmm!

'Risque' is a word I used for the context of 2000ad only. 2KAD is not Preacher, Invisibles or Heavy Metal, so to show full frontals as in the last prog (even though they were knarley old Nuns) is a minor step forward, but it's still on the bottom shelf at WH Smith.

As for the Ministry Party it's a perfect example of an organisation thinking they are one thing and being another. 2KAD thinks they are cutting edge, provocative etc. so where better to celebrate this than a cutting edge club on the cusp of socio acceptance? (get my drift?) I mean, dance music how crap can you get - what about the rest of us that have grown up with metal, indy, punk and the rest - whenever has 2KAD had conections with dance music? 2KAD is still acting like a teenager, they are now 25, time to grow up. They'd be better off pitching a marquee in a park, getting some really good cutting edge bands and a stage with a diving board!

As for them being taken over by corporate types, Rebellion are two blokes who have bought their dream. If I had the money I'd have done the same. Good luck to them, but for gruds sake keep the computer game linked stories out of the mags lads, they are shite! Anyone remember computer warrior from the New look Eagle comic in the 80's, every game he played in was produced by USA Gold, and they were crap as well.

Finally - What's wrong with Socio realistic satire, better than gun, point, fire, small hole, blood, large hole, dead - next!

Monkey - where's your head at?

Mk13

Er, just cos the party's at Ministry, doesn't mean that you'll be faced with UK Garage all night. In fact, I doubt you'll hear a note of it.

We are aware most of our fanbase tend to prefer rock music, hence the event will be headlined by Pitchshifter, with probably another two rock bands supporting. DJs are yet to be confirmed, but they may well be from the rock field as well.

As for a marquee in a park - at the end of February? I don't think so.

Azrael

Touche

I stand adjusted, sounds fantastic, why do you know all this and we don't yet, or is it information I've missed, that's common knowledge? if so apologies for my prickheadedness.

I tend to forget not everyone's from up north, so a marquee would not be preferable down south.

Az

Mk13

I know all this and more because I am omniscient... well okay, I'm 2000 AD's publicity guy and I'm one of the people organising the party.

Most of the information I mentioned is on the front page of the website, so go check it out.

I served my time up north, two years living in Preston, and still waking up screaming. But at that time of year, a marquee would be pretty horrible even if you were an Eskimo.

N.B. If you're going to leave a phoney email address when you sign on to the site, please turn off the 'I want to recieve emails' function, cos otherwise anyone who posts a reply to you on the board will be sent an error message. Unless of course that is your real email address...

Wake

It shouldn't be possible to log into this site with a phoney email address, since your initial password is sent by email (unless of course a previously valid email address expires)

There are quite a few people who appear twice in the registration database because they misspelt their email address the first time around.

Wake

Mk13

Hmmm, it just seemed like an odd email address, like a nospam one.

Over to you, Azrael.

...and how's Gargamel thse days?

Mk13

Sorry, my mistake - it was someone else.

In future though, if anyone's going to sign up to the site with a dodgy email address, please remember not to sign up to the message board junkies list.

Of course, we'd prefer you to use a genuine email address, but that's your choice.