Main Menu

Sinister Dexter

Started by Tim Dixon, 27 March, 2002, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Dixon

Anyone else agree that Sin/Dex has run its course?  Same old jokes, same old hits.  Bo-ring. Bring back Tor Cyan quick!

Thread Zero

How to improve Sin Dex:

A] Axe it.

Or:

B] Abnett should write a multi-layered, multi- part story where the characters do more than just kill people. Explore their psyche or give them a hit which really places them in peril.

Sin Dex rarely meet their match. Dan, give them a real bad guy who is faster on the draw than Ramone.

So much potential left in the story but alas,  Dan goes for the 'one gag in last panel' lazy approach.

scojo ideas man

stodge

somebody pass me a gun!!!

i'm relatively new to Sin Dex after a break of a few years so i can't really comment on whether it's run its course or not.  but, if they bring back Tor Cyan i'll be on the roof of the building opposite Rebellion with a sniper rifle.......

Mudcrab

Nope, definitely not. If anything, there's been too many single episode episodes (hmm).

I wouldn't write it off yet, part 2 of the latest is awaiting me at home as we speak.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

"Sin Dex rarely meet their match."

You mean apart from last week when they (Ramone) meets a shapechanging nutter who's currently looking like Finnegan and pointing a loaded minigun at the back of his head.

Assuming Ramone doesn't blow him away in the first panel of the next episode, it looks to be shaping up a bit.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

DavidXBrunt

I don't think writing one parters is the lazy route. Surely it takes more effort to come up with workable one parters than a serial (and whether you're bored or not they still work as stories). But, yeah, I'd enjoy a longer arc.

Mk13

>i'll be on the roof of the building opposite Rebellion with a sniper rifle.......

Could be funny - the building opposite us is the magistrate's court, just round the corner from the police station....

Oh and Tor Cyan will be back in June, with art by Jock...

stodge

it was the art more than anything that irritated me about Tor Cyan (from memory anyway)  if it is the same art as shown on the 'let's knife' page then i will hold off with the sniper rifle until i see what the story is like.  it's crazy art that gets my trigger finger itching.......i'll have to try and find some examples of Tor Cyan to see why i hated it so much....hmm...

Rambo

The S&D one single episode strips are what I like so much about them. Same with Dredd - you can keep your '20 part mega-epic as far as I'm concerned, the 1 or 2 parters are far and away better.

Mk13

An unusual viewpoint - most people who expressed an opinion have favoured the art (By Kev Walker and later Colin Wilson) over the story. Still, whatever floats your atomocraft, I guess.

As I said, the art on the new strip is by Jock, the artist on Lenny Zero and a few Dredd strips including the recent 'Safe Hands'. Hopefully you'll like it a bit more...

miko

i think it depends really on the setting and the character.  With Sinister and Dexter and also dredd theres a slight feeling of daily drudgery, that they are doing a job and nothing really changes (even if half the city is mashed up, or there is a new chief judge or something).  So with those type of stories then the 1 episoders work quite well.

With a character like Nickolai Dante or the ABC warriors the longer stories are going to work much better as they have a sort of saga like quality to them.

Link: http://miko4.tripod.com" target="_blank">http://miko4.tripod.com

Sinister Dex

too be honest I prefer long stories but every now and then short storis suit the job.

Sinister Dex

I love sd so if it gets taken away 2000 ad will be 75% crapper but who do u care ur not me but please keep it!!!!!!