Main Menu

Recent posts

Prog / Re: Prog 2375 - err Bumper Is...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 08:35:14 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 March, 2024, 09:34:41 AMI mean, I like John McCrea art, so I'm on board. I find the criticism of "Shoulder pad and Eagle way too big" quite a funny one, given Dredd over the years (including the gigantic Ezquerra armour).
I'll just drop this here:

(Cam Kennedy rocks)

I'm a big McCrea fan. I like the cover.

Oh and I forgot to mention Regened.
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 08:26:58 PM
Dredd pretty decent with some lively rugged art. Is it Dredd's paranoia preventing him from picking the candidate everyone else is pushing him towards? Or is he just ornery?

Full Tilt Boogie enjoying this run, breezy stuff.

Thistlebone ends and it feels a bit pointless. Our two protagonists have been run through one hell of a mill and end up sort of killing each other? Erm, what? The villagers can't even do their evil worst, which I thought was rather the point.

Indigo Prime has taken a few episodes to get into but now I've acclimatised it's super stuff. There's either less technobabble now or I've just got used to it. Carter should do some more black and white, looks great.

Rogue Trooper - bang average.

Proteus Vex one of the best new strips. Quite a lot going on, needs a reread, which is cool as the Hachette book is on the shelf. Hooray!
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 07:48:43 PM
Aha. Brain no workee.
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on Today at 05:35:05 PMHoping The Order isn't in one of those single slots, so we can get the entire run.

I don't get what you mean by this. One more book would complete the entire series. Please explain??
News / Re: Steve Dillon: Apex Edition
Last post by Richard - Today at 06:07:14 PM
I think that's Carl Critchlow.
Last post by Swerty - Today at 06:06:43 PM
Must be a chance of getting the new spine image soon
General / Re: Things that went over your...
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 05:55:47 PM
Just realised how Scottish Bonnie and Clyde sound!!! :o
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 03:37:35 PMOriginal Rogue leaned heavily into that World War II notion of a just war, with the Norts depicted as an entire army of SS-type fanatics, and the Southers more or less the American GIs. You could still have top brass baddies on the Souther side.

One of the reasons why Jaegir is so good - it muddies the waters.
:thumbsup:
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 05:45:14 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 05:10:39 PMRogue Trooper gets criticized for its naming conventions: the guy in the bag is Bagman etc. It seems too unrealistic, they say.

But a man called "Bankman-Fried" just got 25 years for running a crypto-Ponzi scheme. The most famous case before that was Bernie Madoff (who made-off with other people's money). Lou Pearlman stole everyone's pearls. Gerald Payne got 27 years, which had to hurt. Don't even get me started on Charles Ponzi!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9664000/9664697.stm
Megazine / Re: Meg 466: Shoot ’em up
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 05:39:52 PM
Dredd The action hero Dredd kind of grates with me now, I like the clipped, precise and economical Dredd, but that's just me, would have been better if Dredd had worked that out with the lift himself.

De Marco - Not really catching my attention except that scar seems way disproportionate.

Black Museum was a  good short.

Hookjaw  working well but would do better in a GN.

Under Siege: Just the movie reworked really?

Devlin Waugh enjoyed this, and chortled at the thought of the more gammon elements losing the plot about this.

Harrower Squad Enjoyed the set up and the policies alluded to made the trough to get here worthwhile, but can't see MC1 would want with an ethnically cleansed central belt? Especially when they have vast areas that are post chaos day cleared themselves, and are short of a bob or two currently.