Main Menu

iOS app update problem

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 11 March, 2020, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

The iPad app has updated and looks all shiny and new.
It lets me sign in ok but won't download any content.
I've quit it, uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Eamonn Clarke

As ever I posted too soon.
Did the restore purchases option on account and used my Apple ID to sign in and it's working.
As you were.
:-[

Colin YNWA

I had very similar problems when I updated on Android. It just kept hanging and hanging when it was meant to be updating the the content. In the end it did take an uninstall and reinstall to get sorted. Then even with some pocking in the back end I still can't find a way to point it to my SD card or even find where its downloading files to.

Needs a bit of work on my part I assume to suss this, must make time to do that... though wish that wasn't needed.

broodblik

I also updated mine but I can get all the content but the interface is super slow and unresponsive. It takes a long time to refresh. I did report it.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

WoD

Anyone having similar issues to the one reported on this thread after the latest update?

The app is not showing any active subscriptions so won't let me download the latest Prog unless I pay for it...

The sub money was taken, as usual, in August.

I've deleted and reinstalled and restored purchases, it's showing all the other Progs, etc. that I've 'purchased' in the past and I can download these, but still not showing the active subscription.

I've reported it and I'm waiting to hear back, but if there's any ideas on what to try it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IndigoPrime

Not sure about the app, but can you get your issues from the Rebellion website in the meantime? If so, you can at least load them into an alternate reader. (Chunky is good on iPad.)

WoD

Thanks - just tried it and the website is showing the same - I can download the digital for previous week(s) but not for this week. Must be a subscription issue and not the app, at least that is clear now.

Cheers.

WoD

When I click on 'subscriptions' on the website I get the message:

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

I'll call them Monday...

Thanks again.

Bolt-01

Woot! Hi WoD - Nice to see you still around!

WoD

Hi Mate - still alive and kicking!!

Hope you're doing well.

2nd week without the weekly prog...withdrawal is starting to kick in...

Bolt-01

You know what I'm going to say - you need a couple of Zarjaz to keep you going! :)

Hope all are well in your house - though if yours is anything like mine, it is a lot quieter now even the youngest is away at Uni.

WoD

Comixology have them - right?? I have a few!!  ;) AND...recommend them to everyone!

My boy has another year of A-Levels before Uni, but it's a different game once they learn to drive and get their hands on a car!! Rarely see him as it is.

ANYWAY...the iOS issue STILL NOT RESOLVED, and I got a message on Twitter from someone else having the same problem since they did the App update. Been waiting a longtime for reply back from the Tech Support at Rebellion, so will give it a week and then maybe have to take a refund and cancel the ongoing sub...which would be a pain!

WoD

broodblik

Have you tried to remove the app and install it again. I know there was an update quite recently. After the update the app performs quite good as before the update it was slow and sluggish.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

WoD

I tried this as well but no joy. Will email them again in the morning to chase it up.

Cheers.

WoD

UPDATE - They issued a patch & it is now working...