Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Echidna

Quote from: Fungus on 04 March, 2017, 02:17:54 AM
Daft question: why is the combined subscription WAY more expensive than prog & meg separately? Weird.

The combined sub is print-only - it's a fair bit cheaper than separate prog and meg subscriptions, bit still more expensive than digital.

Fungus

Gotcha. With 2 separate digital subscriptions I probably realised this at some point too.
Ta.

walrus

IDW Humble Bundle has now added vols 5-7 of The Maxx

Dodsy

Quote from: walrus on 09 March, 2017, 05:28:41 PM

Weirdly they have put vols 5-7 on a lower tier then 3-4, can anyone shed any light on why they would make them available in this order? (Are 3 & 4 not as highly regarded (or more highly regarded) as the rest or something?)
Twitter - @dodsy84

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dodsy on 10 March, 2017, 08:48:58 AM
Weirdly they have put vols 5-7 on a lower tier then 3-4, can anyone shed any light on why they would make them available in this order? (Are 3 & 4 not as highly regarded (or more highly regarded) as the rest or something?)
Because then the reader already has the later volumes so may feel that it is worth paying for the higher tier to get everything rather than risk enjoying the first two and having to buy the middle ones for full price later.
We never really die.

Link Prime

That was one helluva bargain for 10 Euro.
Possibly the best bundle I've picked up so far.

I, Cosh

Humble Bundle have a massive pile of Warhmmer shite for a few quid. Some of out by Dan Abnett, some not.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 04 April, 2017, 01:28:28 PM
Humble Bundle have a massive pile of Warhmmer shite for a few quid. Some of out by Dan Abnett, some not.
Gosh, you make that sound so tempting.

Colin YNWA

Anyone got any awareness of Wunderwaffen. It feels right up my street, even if the art seems a little static from the preview. French alternative WWII comic. Anyone read any? Big sale over at Comixology who also have silly cheap Alien comics which I'm going to slowly look through to see what's worth buying...

anyway Wunderwaffen anyone?

Hawkmumbler

Never heard of it Colin! But the previews do make it look quite the oddity.

Bolt-01

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 April, 2017, 09:08:33 PM
Big sale over at Comixology who also have silly cheap Alien comics which I'm going to slowly look through to see what's worth buying...

Picked up loads of these, really great prices for some of the early collections (€0.79 for 100+ pages).

I had read some of them as a kid, mainly reprinted in the Aliens UK Magazine (published by Titan if I recall).

Something is really pissing me off though- they've just randomly switched out Newt and Hicks for "Billie" and "Wilks".

CalHab

That confused me when I read the Omnibus collections a couple of years ago. They weren't even consistent about the renaming, as I recall.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 May, 2017, 12:47:44 PM
Something is really pissing me off though- they've just randomly switched out Newt and Hicks for "Billie" and "Wilks".

When Alien 3 was released, with its surprise callous offing of the characters in question, minor re-writes had to be done to scripts written post-Aliens that used Newt and Hicks. Presumably most of the art was already underway, so it wasn't really an option to just remove the marine/girl characters entirely.
@jamesfeistdraws