Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

That's how Hitler started!  ;)

(well we've already had "my opinions aren't opinions they're facts" and "you are not agreeing so I am no longer discussing this with you" in this thread, so I thought I'd best chuck in the last of the Holy Trinity of internet political arguments!)

The Legendary Shark

Burning of the Reichstag / September 11th.

Your Hitler comment is not entirely without merit here... :lol:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 May, 2010, 03:10:08 PM

(well we've already had "my opinions aren't opinions they're facts" and "you are not agreeing so I am no longer discussing this with you" in this thread, so I thought I'd best chuck in the last of the Holy Trinity of internet political arguments!)

Not exactly. I was quite happy to argue about something rather than nothing in particular plus it seemed like it was heading towards pointless unproductive arguing.That seemed to be where it was heading which is why i stopped.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I hope everyone is cheering, the person who is solely responsible for destroying our childrens futures, by spending money that he didn't have (from our pensions) has finally buggered off.

What a disgrace, using the children to get the sympathy and pity vote.

Roger Godpleton

QuoteIf this upsets anyone, then that's a Good Thing as this is a subject that we should all be upset about.

This is a comics website.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 11 May, 2010, 07:47:27 PM
This is a comics website.

Gets busy on MACH 1 BkII: The Alien Bankers of 9/11...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Paul faplad Finch

What if the Queen carks it between one guy leaving and the other arriving. Sorry if thats in bad taste but considering the farce this election has been so far I wouldn't be massively surprised.

Do we have to thn wait for Charlie - or whoever - to be crowned before a new Government can be sworn in?

Is there even a law in place to cover this eventuality?

Not a joke, I'm genuinely curious and I'm not particularly well clued up on these things.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

vzzbux

I reckon the Queen should tell Cameron to fuck off and then re-start Imperial rule.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: vzzbux on 11 May, 2010, 08:02:31 PM
I reckon the Queen should tell Cameron to fuck off and then re-start Imperial rule.

YES and bring back debtors prisons  ;)

vzzbux

And don't forget declaring war on France and Spain.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: vzzbux on 11 May, 2010, 08:26:10 PM
And don't forget declaring war on France and Spain.

Lets's take back America  ;)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 May, 2010, 07:32:24 PM
I hope everyone is cheering, the person who is solely responsible for destroying our childrens futures, by spending money that he didn't have (from our pensions) has finally buggered off.

I am not cheering at all though i will say good riddance.As for destroying ours and our childrens futures then i hate to dissapoint you but its not going to stop just because of the exit of Gordon Brown.

Prepare yourself for more of the same.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mogzilla

The Legendary Shark

Speaking of Imperialism, am I the only person who hears the Imperial March from Star Wars playing in my head every time I see Lord Mandleson? In fact, I'm beginning to hear it every time I see an image of Number 10...

Of course, we'd all like to avoid any Imperial entanglements.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 May, 2010, 08:32:29 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 May, 2010, 07:32:24 PM

I am not cheering at all though i will say good riddance.As for destroying ours and our childrens futures then i hate to dissapoint you but its not going to stop just because of the exit of Gordon Brown.

Prepare yourself for more of the same.

I know that but he should have just said we have no money to do all the things Tony and I promised.
Just because the Conservative lot got in doesn't mean it's going to get better overnight, it may take generations. Saying that, so long as you lot keep eating I'll be okay  ;)

Also Shark, it is a known fact that Mandelson has signed things in the past 'The Dark Lord'