Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Pat Mills tweeted he had finished writing the next Defoe script, but has no idea when it appear.

http://twitter.com/#!/PatMillsComics/status/163399486171918336

With Leigh Gallagher busy elsewhere, who knows when or if it will appear (if you care)?

WhitBloke

I have developed an unhealthy compulsion to just stare at that wonderful cover for the Life And Death Of Johnny Alpha.... and you know what?  I don't really mind!  Beautiful stuff and the next time some snecktub quips that comics are for kids I shall simply say, "Yeah, you're right, look at this for example.  I'll buy one for your daughter right now."
So this is der place then, Johnny?

flintlockjaw

Oh, I'm sure Leigh is working on it. This is a character that he has made his own. I put Defoe amongst the best of Pat Mills creations.

James Stacey

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 February, 2012, 11:01:30 PM
Good news about Dante, I was hoping this wasn't the last outing.
Any idea if there'll be any change in artist (John Burns?) or will Simon Fraser continue til the end?
Just spoke to Mr Burns. He has one more story after the current one then a final one by Mr Fraser afterwards. Rumours of a Romanov prequel spin off but nothing concrete yet.

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 25 February, 2012, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 22 February, 2012, 11:01:30 PM
Good news about Dante, I was hoping this wasn't the last outing.
Any idea if there'll be any change in artist (John Burns?) or will Simon Fraser continue til the end?
Just spoke to Mr Burns. He has one more story after the current one then a final one by Mr Fraser afterwards. Rumours of a Romanov prequel spin off but nothing concrete yet.
Nice one. Glad to hear Burns is getting a last crack at it. While Fraser is my favourite, John's contribution to the series over the years can't be denied.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

This is all absolutely fantastic news. More Dante and more Burn on Dante. Don't get no better than that.

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, that's all fantastic news, and has given me a massive grin this bleak saturday afternoon. Can we start talking about Dante being the highlight of 35 years of the prog yet, or do we still have to pretend that's Halo Jones?

SBT

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 February, 2012, 04:40:12 PM
Yeah, that's all fantastic news, and has given me a massive grin this bleak saturday afternoon. Can we start talking about Dante being the highlight of 35 years of the prog yet, or do we still have to pretend that's Halo Jones?

SBT
It'll be a discussion well worth having. Dante for me, but that's for a different thread I'd guess.

Mardroid

I think a comic can have more than one highlight. They just have different tones...

Oh dear was that corny? Never mind. Point is, I like Halo Jones and Nicholai Dante in different ways.

And I'm not referring to the male/female thing, although that's true too.

DrJomster

Very much looking forward to Savage. One. Happy. Hippo. :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dark Jimbo

I know it's not supposed to be out until mid-March, but I saw a copy of Kingdom: Call of the Wild in Waterstones yesterday, so it's out and about.
@jamesfeistdraws

SmallBlueThing

Yep, down here yesterday too. Nearly picked it up, but bought sexy pants and olives instead.

SBT

Emperor

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 27 February, 2012, 06:52:32 PM
Yep, down here yesterday too. Nearly picked it up, but bought sexy pants and olives instead.

I'm sure you'll look lovely in olive-stuffed sexy pants but do you think you made the right call there?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

I fully intend to spend friday night reclining on my chaise longue, instructing oiled nymphs to eat olives from my pants, while i read the new kingdom trade.

Just like every friday night, really.

SBT

TordelBack

This thread is really living up to its name now.