Main Menu

Favourite dialogue in 2000AD

Started by Richard, 03 December, 2018, 09:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

"A bad man would ahve walked away from my dead boy - but you didn't.  Even though you went about it the wrong way, you tried to put things right. You're a good man, Strontium Dog. I forgive you"

"But there's still.... Moses."

""Don't worry about my son. He is at rest now."

blub up every time at that bit!

Greg M.

"Your oratory is worthless here, Torquemada. I chose these Terminators for their loyalty to me. Show him, men... are you with me?"
"NO! WE'RE WITH TORQUEMADA!"
"Truly it is said... give me a Termite for the first ten years of their life and they're mine for the rest of it!"

Eamonn Clarke

"The Sisters of Death burnt his face off, and he just got right up and came back and saved the city! Can you imagine the sheer guts that must have taken? I just wonder sometimes... why are we fighting a man like that?"

JOE SOAP

Too many from Wagner, Grant, Mills, Moore so went for something relatively recent that made this grump burst-out into an actual laugh - but also brilliantly sets up the theme of Joe Dredd being regarded as something more than a Judge.

Lobo Baggins

"Let's talk ebout the girl, let's talk ebout little miss O'Rourke.  How much did she tell you ebout our defences?  Did she mention missiles?  What exectly did she sey ebout the army?

"The police..."

"Right!  So we're finally getting somewhere.  What exectly did she say ebout the police?"

"She said they weren't... as good as Madness.  I did... not understand her at the... time"

"I think I understand her... now."
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Lobo Baggins

"Drakklo vlambo?"

"Slushpop!"

"Slushpop?"
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 December, 2018, 02:03:03 PM
Close runner up:
"Jings!  Batman screechin' like a cat in a mincer!  Ma lugs, oh ma lugs! "
"Put der sock in it, Batman!"

Where did that one come from?

Timothy

Quote from: sheridan on 04 December, 2018, 09:23:00 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 03 December, 2018, 02:03:03 PM
Close runner up:
"Jings!  Batman screechin' like a cat in a mincer!  Ma lugs, oh ma lugs! "
"Put der sock in it, Batman!"

Where did that one come from?

Outlaw.

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 December, 2018, 03:03:06 PM
(engage pedant mode) - we've had a previous thread for one-liners, but 'dialogue' suggests an exchange between two speakers, disqualifying several entries do far (disengage pedant mode)

Shall have to go searching for that at lunchtime - is it an old thread?

ming

One dialogue, one monologue; both of these were burned into my brain, along with the Cam Kennedy artwork, from the moment I read them:

TTTT: Very sorry to put you to all this trouble.
Droid: Don't worry about it, fatso.
Droid: Lot worse ways to spend the days than shiftin' blubber.

Internal monologue but still one of my favourites:

Flip: I walked right into that one.  Three slugs in me, and all for a routine bone job.  I knew it was gonna be a bad day.  But it wasn't just the day.  Somethin' else was bad - the WHOLE JOB!  Louie had been waiting for me - waiting to give me the BIG SLEEP.  Why?  How did he know I was coming?  WHO'D tipped him off? I was dying.  I knew it. But before I went I was going to get some answers.
Next Prog: Herry Kerry!

JayzusB.Christ

The last couple of frames in Full Mental Jacket.  Gets me every time.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

broodblik

In prog 436 a short story called "Tharg The Mighty Enter the Beast" the writer of "Mean Team" was introduced to the audience and their was  a quote that went something like this:

What the you mean Handy Pandy does not use a bazooka how to hell will he annihilate that stupid bear.......

Maybe someone who owns the prog can help me out here
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.