Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

This is something very special that I feel privileged to now have in my collection:

IMG_2211 by Mark Spencer, on Flickr

Jim_Campbell

Ooh. I saw that go up on Cam's site and I was sorely tempted, but knew I'd got my tax bill to pay in the very near future... :-/
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

hippynumber1

It's absolutely stunning close-up, Jim, and huge. (Gnat)

Dr Feeley Good

hippynumber1

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 January, 2018, 04:51:15 PM
It's absolutely stunning close-up, Jim, and huge. (Gnat)

What the hell is wrong with autocorrect? That should be "Fnar", obviously.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 January, 2018, 08:30:22 PM
What the hell is wrong with autocorrect? That should be "Fnar", obviously.

I did wonder!

Jacqusie

If you fancy a bit of Fabry Slaine, selling now:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/142669558737?ul_noapp=true

Looks a great page, the depth and tones are fabulous!

Jim_Campbell

Peak Bolland, for my money... sadly, my money doesn't stretch to TWELVE GRAND.

monkeygod

Hi all,

first post here after lurking for a bit - have been a member of the 2000AD art facebook group for a bit but for some reason it didn't occur to me until recently to join the 'mothership' forums :D

based in Singapore, so I can't pop by the nearest convention to pick up some pages, but this thread has been a wealth of information about members and dealers selling stuff so I hope to increase my hoard sooner rather than later - appreciate any tips of course! ;) i have some decent commissions coming in, but there's another thread for that ... :P

i can't edit my profile yet, so here's a quick link to my CAF page - mostly US comics, but some work by the artdroids floating about here and there :
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=104997

anyway, enough about me, here's some art :

Judge Harvey and his 'brothers' by John McCrea (prog 2029)

Detective-Judge Armitage and some Brit Cit Judges by Sean Phillips (Megazine 285)

ming

Off to a very nice start there, monkeygod!  Looking forward to seeing the commissions emerge - it's great to be able to deal with artdroids direct and the results are usually something a little extra-special.

monkeygod

thanks ming - my biggest regret coming late to the party isn't the missed opportunities since my wallet probably wouldn't have been able to cope then (or now for the really good pieces), but browsing back into the thread a lot of the photo links have expired so i didn't get a chance to ogle over those :)

king carlos was a delight to work with - he agreed to color the piece he finished for me, so i shall wait until that is done to reveal it. the other ... turned into a multi-character piece which required me to dig up a personal record-breaking number of reference shots (over 350) for the artist, so 'extra special' may not be the right description? i think he had fun with it though? he's gone a bit silent this week so lets see what finally emerges ;)

Spikes

That Cam Rogue piece is knock out. Art to treasure, Mark. And @ Monkeygod - cracking Carlos commission you have there,  :thumbsup:

Spikes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2018, 11:27:21 PM
Peak Bolland, for my money... sadly, my money doesn't stretch to TWELVE GRAND.

I will never own a Bolland,  :'(

That page is something else, the best Dredd art ever, imho.
Though I think I'd prefer the JCQ page the seller has listed.
A fondly remembered page, for me. The first time I really took notice of Brian's work (and Ron Smith's, for that matter.)

Dr Feeley Good

Still my favourite Dredd artist ever....

james newell

Kevin Walkers's Mean Machine pencils