Main Menu

New Poll: Have you ever, or will you ever, buy a copy of the Judge Dredd movie?

Started by 2000AD Online, 09 December, 2006, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

"Yes, I had a copy on VHS, but haven't updated and I have never bought a copy of the movie, begause I recorded off tv, onto VHS- so I never actually bought it."

Really, it's about what you've bought, not what you've recorded off the TV, been given, won, bartered for a chicken.  I didn't think I had to repeat that in the question or people would get confused.

Concrete Block 15

Not really - I fell off the stool whilst Blu Tacking it up, broke my spinal cord and have been confined to a wheelchair ever since.

In fact, I've just had to type this using my nose. Ow, that smarts.

JOE SOAP

>Not really - I fell off the stool whilst Blu Tacking it up, broke my spinal cord and have been confined to a wheelchair ever since.

>In fact, I've just had to type this using my nose. Ow, that smarts.

Well, serves you right.

Poetic justice.

paulvonscott

I've just deleted it, polls that don't make any sense annoy me, my own doubly so.

Floyd-the-k

I bought one in Japan. My video shop was closing down and the video was only 200 yen (roughly two rugged Australian dollars, probably about one pound). I don't think I'd buy a DVD though

Radbacker

well I picked it up on DVD for about A$3, which I dont begrudge paying still watch it every now and ten.

CU Radbacker

Carlsborg Expert

philt

Bought mine on Laserdisc when it came out in the states.

Steve Green

I bought the Aussie DVD, since it was the only uncut anamorphic version, and it was pretty cheap.

I'd still buy a double-disc version, with any making of extras, commentary etc. Despite its faults, it's great to see the Big Meg, the Angels, Hammerstein etc.

- Steve

COMMANDO FORCES

I had to have copies due to my illness (collecting).
Let me see, I have the following;
1 x video pan and scan.
1 x video widescreen.
1 x video Blockbuster ex rental.
1 X DVD region 1.
1 x DVD region 2 (English).
1 x DVD region 2 (German).
1 x US Laserdisc.
Do I need help.
No but I keep looking on Ebay for more. I might buy a VCD one day, who knows!

The Adventurer

Am I a masochistic if every time I go to the local video store I always poke through the Action/Sci-fi section or Used section for a copy? (can't seem to find it, and I don't think I hate myself enough to intensionally make a point to buy it online. gotta be a chance impulse purchase)

I just want to see it, me curiosity demands it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Mr Ruh

I own it on VHS (it came with free postcards which are nice), and I've been tempted on a number of occasions to purchase the DVD (you can find it very cheap). Just for the collection, you understand. (Oh, who am I kidding? I know it's tantamount to heresy, but I have a sneaky soft spot for the JD movie. It may be flawed in execution, and the cold hand of studio interference hangs over it, but its heart is in the right place.)

dweezil2

The Aussie Region 4 is dfinately the one to go for if you want a nice Anamorphic, uncut print.
I'd love a double discer, with some deleted scenes and commentary though!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Reading the extracts of TPO in the Christmas issue, I'd still like to see what the 40 minutes of cut footage were.

I don't expect it to transform the film, but it would still be interesting to see.

- Steve

I, Cosh

No and no.

Seeing it in the pictures was enough for me. I distinctly remember that the special thirty minute long Summer trailers presentation was far more enjoyable than the film.
We never really die.