Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: JamesC on 07 February, 2019, 05:59:57 AM
People used to talk about the shared universe of Quentin Tarantino's films. Vincent Vega is the brother of Mr Blonde, Alabama (from True Romance) is mentioned by Mr White etc.
I wonder if the Winston Wolf Direct Line insurance adverts are supposed to take place in the same universe and, if so,what prompted the character's move from LA to the UK.
He was forced to leave LA when a pair of Russian meerkats came in and put the squeeze on him.

Link Prime

Really GmG's when a gaggle of teenage scrotes sit in front of you seconds before a film is about to start (in a half empty cinema).

+ 20% annoyance if one of them has knockout strength BO.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Professor Bear on 06 February, 2019, 10:39:07 PMI just wish they'd stop fetishising the 1980s

How is Peter Kay supposed to do his job then?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

The time we 'close' is when the doors are locked, not when you start thinking about maybe finishing up and moving out....
DDT did a job on me

Apestrife

Bunch of programs I'm working in getting replaced by new versions with new interfaces. Which all look like they're made with a smart phone in mind, by someone who neither used a smart phone or a computer in their lives.

Instead of one option button, there are three of them. Spread out all over the screen. One which looks like a gear. Another three dots. One is written in text...

And with one of the programs being phased out, not all it's functions has. So I have to write something in one program and use another as a viewer for said text due to there being a very old program working in the background. When calling in asking about the how's and why's on earth they couldn't have waited releasing it in a finished form I'm told that:
--NEW THINGS ARE GOOD.
--I KNOW IT CAN FEEL HARD TO LEARN NEW THINGS.

JamesC

JayzusB.Christ

Coming home to find a van and a bunch of shirtless hard bastards standing around, and on, my boat (also my home) fishing, then having to explain to them why I don't want them on it.

They apologised in fairness but they're still outside and I wish they'd fuck off.

EDIT: one of them is now pissing out the door of the van with his cock facing my window.  Seriously, fuck off.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

That's an extremely irritating situation Jayzus, but take some comfort that you gifted me a fit of the giggles imagining you squinting out a net-curtained porthole and muttering "And now one of the yobs has taken his little soldier out, Beryl, and he's pointing it at me and relieving himself! On the public towpath!".

Sorry.

The Legendary Shark

Sounds a bit tense, JBC. Any chance you can win 'em over with a beer?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 May, 2019, 08:39:18 PM
That's an extremely irritating situation Jayzus, but take some comfort that you gifted me a fit of the giggles imagining you squinting out a net-curtained porthole and muttering "And now one of the yobs has taken his little soldier out, Beryl, and he's pointing it at me and relieving himself! On the public towpath!".

Sorry.

:) every cloud, as they say...

They've gone now, fortunately.  Just a load of rowdy drunk fishermen; not thieves or vandals.  And as I said they apologised.

Mardroid

I think this has probably come up before, but : people who inflict their music on others on public transport.

On the train back from Bristol. I think I've still got a significant time to go. Are gonna keep playing it....oh thank goodness they just stopped... oh no they were just changing track.

I wish I'd brought my own headphones now.

JamesC

There was a guy in front of me playing music from a device within his backpack yesterday. It was quite loud and intrusive and as he walked past an alley a group of crack heads jeared at him and told him to get a life.
It made me laugh. When crack heads tell you to get a life, it's really time to re-evaluate.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mardroid on 19 May, 2019, 02:20:05 PM
I think this has probably come up before, but : people who inflict their music on others on public transport.

On the train back from Bristol. I think I've still got a significant time to go. Are gonna keep playing it....oh thank goodness they just stopped... oh no they were just changing track.

I wish I'd brought my own headphones now.

I totally agree.  I asked some drunk young lads to turn the music down once as I needed to make a phone call.  Surprisingly, they obliged without a fuss.

The guy on the next boat to me used to have a habit of playing loud music.  At first I always had an excuse to ask him: doing my accounts, having my one lie-in of the week etc,  but the truth was that loud music that I haven't chosen to listen to gets on my wick intensely.  Thankfully, he stopped. He's actually a really nice guy.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

Trying to avoid Game of Thrones spoilers.

As I will have to wait several months before the box-set of season 8 becomes available in my local library, it has been difficult to avoid all the spoilers that are currently going around.

I have stopped looking at most cultural and entertainment sections both online and in print, lest I come across some major plot point or crucial incident / character death.

As soon as mention of the programme comes up on radio I switch the dial immediately.

It takes all of my restraint to avoid the thread dedicated to GoT on this site.

And I was doing so well, until last week in a nearby shop, some chirpy nitwit - on the awful, pop-oriented radio station that was being aired - let slip a fairly major plot-point of this last series.

I was not a happy bunny at all.