Main Menu

Blood Bowl

Started by BoJirch, 04 September, 2009, 10:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Quote from: amberkraken on 05 September, 2009, 06:05:56 PM
Is it coming out for the 360? I thought it was just Ds PSP and PC.

Think I remember seeing that on the ad as well. I remember saying out loud "Oooh, think I'll go for the PSP version", which I probably wouldn't have if it had mentioned 360.

BoJirch

Oi Oi, Googled it and im pretty sure a 360 version will be released later in the year. The septics are getting the first 360 release though! Further discrimination for the gamers in Europe.

zombemybabynow

said how I loved the board game, found another board game in my parent's attic recently:  Chainsaw warrior?!

was this any good?

(oh, lsd, what have you done to my long term memory?)
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Colin YNWA

Wasn't Chainsaw Warrior the solo game when you went up a tower bloke that was over run by zombies collecting cool kit on the way or some such. If it was that one it was really good (and had a Brett Ewins cover)

zombemybabynow

has a chap with a flat top on the box

Colin YNWA

If that's the fella that's the game I was thinking of - great fun

zombemybabynow

yup that's the one, though mine has 20 odd years of added soot onit!

Zarjazzer

Necromunda was fabulous. Orlocks, scavvies, muties, ratskins,etc. Blood bowl looks good but £40!Ow!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

BoJirch

Hey,
Anyone in the Nottingham or East Midlands area that wants to start a Blood Bowl League soonish, email me at birchy_@hotmail.com. Same goes if anyone knows any decent leagues to join in the area. Just need to paint up my boyz then i'm good to go.
Ta

amberkraken

Picked up the DS version friday. Pretty sweet. Very much like the board game, and much like the board game I suck!

But it is fun!

Colin YNWA

Please excuse my complete ignorance here but I don't reallyplay computer games but I'm tempted to buy this as I used to love Blood Bowl. Now I have a laptop which meets all the other specs required that I can spot however I haven't the first idea about graphics cards. Now the game requires 128 Mo graphics card (supporting 2.0 shaders) and my laptop has Video Card (I'm assuming this is the same thing?) 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 so to my simple reading thats 128 to 256 so all good? But is this correct and what on earth are 2.0 shaders????

I know laptops aren't designed for games but does this seem ok?

TheEdge

I dont understand why this game is graphic heavy ( it has long loading times too)

Its very Basic

DONT TAKE BASIC AS A NEGATIVE as this game is AWSOme, i'm loving the internet leagues at the moment.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 12 October, 2009, 11:25:36 AM
Please excuse my complete ignorance here but I don't reallyplay computer games but I'm tempted to buy this as I used to love Blood Bowl. Now I have a laptop which meets all the other specs required that I can spot however I haven't the first idea about graphics cards. Now the game requires 128 Mo graphics card (supporting 2.0 shaders) and my laptop has Video Card (I'm assuming this is the same thing?) 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 so to my simple reading thats 128 to 256 so all good? But is this correct and what on earth are 2.0 shaders????

I know laptops aren't designed for games but does this seem ok?

I've no clue what 2.0 shaders are either, but they're some kind of thing that the recent generation of graphics cards can do which old ones can't. A quick nosey says that the Radeon 4570 can do such, so you ought to be ok.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Colin YNWA

Thanks very much for that Samuel. I think I might take the risk. I'm sure I could laways return it... now to work out when I'd get time to play it????

Ochs

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 October, 2009, 08:20:11 AM
Thanks very much for that Samuel. I think I might take the risk. I'm sure I could laways return it... now to work out when I'd get time to play it????

Try visiting www.systemrequirementslab.com it'll analyse your system and tell you how well the game will run, I've used it loads. Very useful.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.