General Chat > Film & TV

Annihilation (Alex Garland film)

(1/3) > >>

richerthanyou:
First I've heard about this, so I thought I'd drop it here. I'm probably behind the times but I didn't notice any posts about it yet so here ya go.

Jennifer Jason Leigh is reportedly in talks to star in Annihilation, writer/director Alex Garland's follow-up to Ex Machina.

The Wrap reports that Leigh would join Natalie Portman, Gina Rodriguez, and Tessa Thompson for the film, which will feature an all-female ensemble. It's based on the novel by Jeff VanderMeer, which follows a group of women including an anthropologist, a surveyor, a psychologist, and a biologist.

Leigh has not yet struck a deal, but sources say she's eager to join after working with an all-male cast in The Hateful Eight.

Ex Machina was a breakout directorial debut for Garland, having gained nods from both the BAFTA and Director's Guild. He is adapting Annihilation as well as directing the project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annihilation_%28VanderMeer_novel%29

IAMTHESYSTEM:
Apparently the book is about some sort of 'intelligent, deadly fungus' according to the GQ reviewer. Whether the film decides that this is a worthy story to follow I have no idea but it certainly has an impressive sounding cast attached to it despite it's stoner sounding plot.

Theblazeuk:
I'm only up to the 2nd book of the series, but that description is entirely wrong.

It's about the strange area called the Southern Reach, which hasn't ever been the same since...something... happened there. And the agency that secures and investigates it.

Even that doesn't quite present the right image. I'd be very hard pressed to describe it properly, it's a weird thing. But very intriguing, heavy on the alienation and uncertainty. That GQ reviewer is talking out of their arse.

JOE SOAP:
Paramount has set a Feb. 23, 2018 release date for Annihilation

Beeks:

--- Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 11 February, 2016, 11:19:38 am ---Apparently the book is about some sort of 'intelligent, deadly fungus' according to the GQ reviewer. Whether the film decides that this is a worthy story to follow I have no idea but it certainly has an impressive sounding cast attached to it despite it's stoner sounding plot.

--- End quote ---

So basically 'The Girl With All The Gifts'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version