General Chat > Film & TV

The Punisher TV series whats the verdict? worth catching?

(1/3) > >>

Michael Knight:
Love the character and comics and the 3 films thus far for all their different merits and faults. Feel i can trust the verdict of the great folks on here. Is it any good?

Jim_Campbell:
Still a couple of episodes from the end (I'm not one for bingeing!) but I think it's excellent. I'm not sure how much resemblance it bears to Punisher comics in general and he's spent basically zero time in the suit so far but it's a striking depiction of the damage done to men who serve and a brutal de-romanticisation (is that a word?!) of people we generally refer to as heroes.

It's well-written and surprisingly thought-provoking, with some decent action sequences thrown in and some sly commentary on male friendship.

JamesC:
It's really good but very different from any Punisher comics I've read.
I was kind of expecting a live-action version of Punsher-Max and this certainly isn't that.
Definitely worth watching though.

IndigoPrime:
Watched ep 1. It was fine, although only just on the right side of Mrs G continuing with it. (She didn't hate it, and the gore factor wasn't quite to the first ep of Preacher, which she didn't want to carry on with.) I do wonder if either of us will make it though the entire thing though.

JamesC:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 January, 2018, 03:31:20 pm ---Watched ep 1. It was fine, although only just on the right side of Mrs G continuing with it. (She didn't hate it, and the gore factor wasn't quite to the first ep of Preacher, which she didn't want to carry on with.) I do wonder if either of us will make it though the entire thing though.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's rather slow paced and drags a bit in parts. More than made up for by the high points though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version