Main Menu

Opinions are like arseholes…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 17 August, 2010, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

The problem with forums is that people generally think they can get away with behaviour that they wouldn't normally do or say in the outside world.
Some shy and retiring folk can be the most malicious when chatting over the internet and think they can get away with hiding behind the computer.
I personally have confronted a few trolls on facebook and let them know that there is a chance that we might at some point come face to face in the future. Trust me that works a treat.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tweak72 on 21 August, 2010, 11:31:59 AM
Most people either agree with his conduct, or think that he possible said something a bit silly when wound up and ended up being a bit rude.

[spoiler]Oh, do fuck off, you patronising little cunt. [/spoiler]

You're just sore because I spanked you when posted your "humorous", but factually incorrect crack about iPods erasing people's music collections, and again when you attempted to deny casting yourself as superior to "the herd" of "iSheep" on the Apple Tablet thread, only to be somewhat undermined by your own fucking words, causing you to retreat behind accusations of bullying, rather than just man up when caught in a flat-out lie.

I can't believe I unignored you just to read that mewling pile of limp-wristed shite, you intellectual pygmy.

QuoteAnd I certainly do not hide behind excuses such as I used to post online back in the day when things where different so it is ok. That is shirking responsibility for your own actions which is poor behavior online or off line.

And yet you seem unable to recognize that this is precisely what I am doing -- I recognize that my behaviour is out of step with a substantial chunk of this forum, who are either in the majority, or vocal enough to make me feel like they're in the majority, so I am voluntarily withdrawing from the forum, for the most part, or I would be in the ridiculous situation of having more people on ignore than not.

To clarify for everyone else: note that my original post said that I would be spending less time on here -- I still need to check in regularly to monitor the art comp, and I will endeavour to make a positive contribution to threads where I can speak with some authority, like lettering, or comic/magazine production, or about stuff like Manga Studio, that I'm putting a lot of effort into learning.

More subjective debates can now have intellectually lazy, unsubstantiated or baseless crap posted to them without fear of intervention from me.

Thank you and good night.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

I knew the Truffle Shuffle would work.

nev

M.I.K.

Quote from: Wake on 21 August, 2010, 08:25:43 AM
Quote from: M.I.K. on 20 August, 2010, 10:59:19 PMIt's impossible to have an imbalance of power between two people arguing on an internet forum unless one's a moderator or something.

I disagree on this point. Someone with lots of posts is perceived in a different light from a newbie, and the newbie may assume that the other poster has the support from other boarders. It's exactly the same as the way a pub regular may seem to have more power than someone new, except that it's even more obvious who is new and who has been here for years.

The amount of time someone's been around isn't something that would make any difference to me personally, but I concede your point.

I bow down before your superior knowledge of such things, oh wise and powerful one.

Dog Deever

Quote from: Tweak72 on 21 August, 2010, 11:31:59 AM
Dog: if you where being tongue in cheek about the Wiki page then it was not obvious... What did come across was you accusing me of altering something to benefit myself and my point of view.

Bullshit- I said you 'could have', not 'you did' there is no accusation there so don't try to twist it. Any fucking moron can see that.

QuoteI am not being passive aggressive.

Bullshit- your snidey comment tried to imply that I was stupid, but you didn't have the balls to say it directly. By your own definition you tried a bullying tactic, you've lost the moral high ground you attempted to take, which makes you a hypocrite, so shut the fuck up.

QuoteCalling some one a name during an argument and then saying it is part of  discussion and debate, that's passive aggressive.

No it isn't- direct confrontation is aggressive, there is nothing passive about it.

Quotecome to think of it accusing some one of altering a wiki page and then saying its a was a joke, i]that's[/i] passive aggressive as well.

True, but I didn't accuse you, so fuck off.

QuoteAnd the thing is people aren't lining up to kick Jim. Most people either agree with his conduct, or think that he possible said something a bit silly when wound up and ended up being a bit rude.

You accused him of bullying and waved wiki definitions and cited quotes to back up your pathetic claim. After you thought he was gone.

QuoteAnd I do not need to talk to some one who has experienced real bullying. I am someone who has experienced real bullying on a daily basis for most of my school life.

Did the big boys call you a dick? I'm not surprised- my heart bleeds for you.

QuoteAnd for at one time I was a bully.

Did you call them a 'stinky poo' back?
And your snide comment to try to paint me as stupid was bullying by your own definition, so you're still a bully (by your definition).

QuoteAnd during the thread at the time i did say some thing

"However, James E is just pointing out another POV. One in which is not quite so pleased with how the way in which the ret con is going. If you dont agree thats fine but at least respect the fact that there are other POVs rather than trying to bully him in to submission."

Fair enough- others didn't, but did you report his 'bullying'? No- because you know you're talking shit.

All you are doing is revealing yourself as pond life.
And yes, I am rude- I never made any claim not to be.
Fuck off you dick.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Trout

Why are you all arguing? You pack of idiots.

How about you stop now?

- Trout

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

eggonlegs

Quote from: King Trout on 21 August, 2010, 02:10:11 PM

How about you stop now?

- Trout

s'right

JOE SOAP

This has turned into the most boring thread in the forum's history. Congratulations.

Something Fishy

How about you stop now?

- Trout
what the King say goes.  

So come on guys.. peace!   If any forum can rise above this stuff it's this one, the nicest forum on the net.

BPP

interweb flounce-offs are funneh.

'cheers'
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Jared Katooie

Emperor

I have a horrible suspicion folks are now arguing about arguing. It'd all be terribly post-modern if there was any irony intended.

Quote from: King Trout on 21 August, 2010, 02:10:11 PMHow about you stop now?

No, you stop first!!! ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

Many of you owe me things. You are not aware of what is required for me to deliver the services that you have come to expect like a teat.

For anything you require you have to recognize that there are things at work that you cannot hope to comprehend with your western intellects. Avicenna once remarked in his own eminations a whole bunch of things that you should not expect me to explain because you trust me for being smart.

I'm on it.

I'm on it.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!