Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 29 August, 2017, 10:22:32 PM
Here is my favourite vintage set, purchased about a decade after it was released (replica decals though).

Posted with pride, not narcissism.

Is that GI Joe?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

lincnash

Quote from: James Stacey on 30 August, 2017, 10:54:07 AM
I got my balance payment request through but there is simply no way I can afford £140 at the moment. I'll just have to suck up the loss of deposit.
I'm not sure of the name in Brit-Cit, but in OZ its called "Lay-Buy" and "Lay-Away" in MC-1.
Contact ID, from the posts here they seem like good guys/girls.
Ask if you can pay what you can afford now and part payments in the future.
e.g- 37 squid now, 56 squid in a month etc until Dreddy is paid for.
You WILL regret it, if you buy later at evilpay scalper price's.

lincnash

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 August, 2017, 02:50:15 PM
Quote from: lincnashOZ on 29 August, 2017, 10:22:32 PM
Here is my favourite vintage set, purchased about a decade after it was released (replica decals though).

Posted with pride, not narcissism.

Is that GI Joe?

Wash your mouth out Dash. GI Joe pttthhhttt.
Back in the day, Palitoy got the rights from Hasbro and innovated GI Joe in their ACTION MAN line.
They were so good at it, Hasbro bought the rights to produce these sets/figures in the big Meg.

He's an Action Man (grip hands + Flock Hair/Beard) in a Panzer Commander uniform.
His ride is a "German Armoured Car" (Sdkfz.222 if you are a Military nut like me).
Love my vintage stuff, as a kid I could never afford them.

lincnash

Quote from: SIP on 30 August, 2017, 08:52:53 AM
Sorry for the diversion.......this is my custom 1/6 Indy. Waiting on another custom head for him (have a few now), which I think will be the best one yet.

Sorry.....back to Dredd, who will be standing alongside this guy in a few weeks I hope.....in a cabinet, not the garden.
Awesome dude, looks like it may have began life as a "Hot Toys : DX05 Indy".
I think you may have given him a tweak or two.  ;)
Krill tro Thargo for making me aware of the "dust" thread.
I have only been on forum a short time, this and the Mez thread were the only "toy" threads I found.
I have had my arse firmly planted here, but intend to keep my posts 3A related now.
I will revive the dust thread tho'. :D

Krakajac

Ah, another Australian AM collector.  Nice to see. :)

Wow - that German Armoured Car is very nice.  Always wanted one.

Here you go, lincnashOZ....some of my fellas.

Apologies for the dodgy photo (taken with iPad in low light).  I have 52 vintage figures at present.  Have run out of room in the display cases.

Speaking of Panzer Captains - here are my three.  Was always a favourite figure/uniform when I was a kid.  Another crappy photo unfortunately.

And a Sherlock project I worked on some years back.  Good excuse to check the lighting - and it all still works. :)

Can't wait for my two Dredd figures to arrive! :)

lincnash

Zarjaz vintage AM collection there Kraka !!!!.
My collecting has always gone in cycles, sell-on one lot to fund the next interest.
15 years ago I parted with all my Star Wars 3.75" and AM uniforms to fund 1/6 Military and Vehicles.
Lucky I had the foresight to keep my favourite vintage AM.
Kept most of my vintage AM nude figures and kit-bashed with Dragon Military uniforms.

The 2 on the bike are Cotswold Collectibles (Elite Brigade) replica GI Joe in vintage uniforms.
Note :- no glass display case for me = Industrial shelving to support the weight.  :o

Krakajac

Nice!

Well, if you ever want to sell that armoured car - give me a yell! :) ;)

Are you a member of the UAMHQ forum?  We need some more Oz members. :)

lincnash

Quote from: Krakajac on 31 August, 2017, 01:10:40 AM
Nice!

Well, if you ever want to sell that armoured car - give me a yell! :) ;)

Are you a member of the UAMHQ forum?  We need some more Oz members. :)

I searched from 1990 - 1992 for a reasonably priced one, got it for 77 quid + post from the U.K.
When you could find them they would go for 100 - 120.
This one will be next to me in my coffin, sorry  ;).

I haven't seen that forum, but will lurk for a while (like I did before joining up here).

lincnash

Keep going O/T with everyone's love for plastic dollies.  :D
Back to the 3A/2000AD figures.

I emailed my H.K. connection that Squaxx were getting their pre-order messages for release.
Just got his reply that a mid-September release is confirmed  :) (I really hope he meant 2017 :P).

...and in custom 3A news.....
Genetik Infantryman is coming along at a rapid pace and Bagman is in under-coat drying.

Enjoy  :D

Dash Decent

Quote from: Krakajac on 30 August, 2017, 11:54:48 PM
And a Sherlock project I worked on some years back.  Good excuse to check the lighting - and it all still works. :)

That's a work of art, Krakajac!  There's lots of detail but leaving aside the more expected stuff (correspondence transfixed by jack knife, portrait of General Gordon, VR pock marks, etc), I think my favourite has to be the annotated Leslie Klinger editions we can see on the bookshelf 'above' Watson's head.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

And is that Watson's bull pup by the fire?  Or is Toby visiting?

(Speaking of our canine friends, my kids used to think "The Hound of the Baskervilles" would be much better/friendlier if it was called "Sherlock Holmes and the Big Doggy".)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Krakajac

You've got sharp eyes, DD!  And obviously an astute Sherlock fan to boot! :)

Re: Klinger's books - yes, I read them from front to back - and kept a running list of the items I wanted to incorporate into the project.  Got in touch with Klinger after the fact and advised him I had placed them in the bookshelf to say 'thanks'.

And as you suggested - yes, the dog was a nod of the hat to Watson's statement about the bull pup. :)

If you're keen on seeing more of the project, including WIP photos, you can mosey on over to...

http://www.bakerstreetdiorama.com/

Finished it back in 2011.

Dandontdare

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 30 August, 2017, 08:19:22 PM

When we were kids (late 70s) my dad put an ad in the local paper for unwanted Action Man stuff and got loads for free - it was often broken and mismatched with the odd Barbie shoe mixed in, but there was a lot of it. He did the same with Lego - as the 3rd son I never saw new stuff anyway!

lincnash

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 August, 2017, 03:16:29 PM
Quote from: lincnashOZ on 30 August, 2017, 08:19:22 PM

When we were kids (late 70s) my dad put an ad in the local paper for unwanted Action Man stuff and got loads for free - it was often broken and mismatched with the odd Barbie shoe mixed in, but there was a lot of it. He did the same with Lego - as the 3rd son I never saw new stuff anyway!

Super-drokkin' cool parents D-T-D.
Mine were/are very strict and very religious, toys were discouraged.
Now I'm older it explains two things though :-
1. Why I have a large collection as an adult
2. Why I looked like this from 15 - 30ish years old.

It was the era, mixed with subversive Prog's in my head.  :lol:
Anarchy in the Radback ....... it's coming sometime.

lincnash

In a silly attempt to bring the thread back on topic.
The haircut of my yoof was influenced by the Combat Smurf
[spoiler]I'm scared the Wally Squad or Thread Judges will come down on us with "great vengeance and furious anger"  ;)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Now they will complain about my pic heavy post  :lol:.[/spoiler]
Above figure dedicated to the memory of Steve (R.I.P.).
Gunnar is going to take me some time (about the same time it took to get Rogue to this stage).