Main Menu

1935 - Under The Influence

Started by Bad City Blue, 12 June, 2015, 08:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dominic O'Rourke on 19 June, 2015, 11:55:58 AM
Absalom - that pub, I'm sure I recognise it, is it The John Snow?

You know nothing.

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

Satanist

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 June, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 19 June, 2015, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 June, 2015, 02:58:28 PM

You know nothing.

is it a stab inn?

Is it in Glasgow?

Safest place in the world, why you could safely sleep like a baby in one of our city centre parks for example.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Satanist on 19 June, 2015, 03:35:20 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 June, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 19 June, 2015, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 June, 2015, 02:58:28 PM

You know nothing.

is it a stab inn?

Is it in Glasgow?

Safest place in the world, why you could safely sleep like a baby in one of our city centre parks for example.

Touche! :-D

Goaty

UncleBaal

I thought it was the John Snow as well!

Muon

My first thought on seeing the pub was that it looked a bit like The Ten Bells in Spitalfields. The pub has been in the area at least since the Ripper murders and it's thought that some of the victims might have drunk there before going out to ply their wares. I think they also filmed a scene of the From Hell movie in the pub. The owners changed the pub name to The Jack the Ripper in much of the '70s and '80s until public outrage made them change it back. I had a pint or two there last Christmas. It was full of hipsters and they were playing weird dub music.

Zenith 666

Anyone up for a pub crawl.last one to find Tiernan Trevallion buys for the rest of the night.

Frank

The phone lines between Wales and Ireland seem to be in working order. Looking forward to all the perps in future Carroll Dredd stories adopting Helium-style chunky knitwear as Rob Williams's Nixon-berg tightens (TITANS!) its icy grip on MC1.

D'Israeli's art on Helium is as incredible as ever; give the man cities, hardware, and typefaces denoting emetics to design, and he'll deliver the goods every time. I love the layers of greyscale grot Brooker lavishes upon Stickleback, but seeing him employ a more vivid variation upon the solid colours he adopted for Ordinary on this strip proves the wisdom of giving the most talented artists the time and money they need to colour their own work.

If nobody else is going to, I'm bagging the honours for spotting that demented criminal Jack Fatal appears to have escaped the secure unit of HMP D'Israeliton and has been causing trouble in the Edgintonverse. It's the company/character crossover of 1990 and 2015!

Hawkmumbler

A simply superb prog, not a single dud amongst them.

JayzusB.Christ

Bit late to the table, here, me, but did I miss an in-joke with the status report?  I'm guessing someone called the droids in question plebs somewhere down the line. 
Also, did Deadline really have an article on hipsters?  They've been around longer than I thought...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 June, 2015, 04:56:27 PM
...did I miss an in-joke with the status report?  I'm guessing someone called the droids in question plebs somewhere down the line.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,42182.0/topicseen.html
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"