Main Menu

APB

Started by GordonR, 02 June, 2009, 12:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Unveiled yesterday at the big E3 event in LA.  Out early next year - giant crime MMO from the creator of GTA and Crackdown, with absolutely mind-numbing range of character customisation possibilities.  Play as a criminal or a law enforcer - you choose.

//http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/e3-all-points-bulletin-trailer

*modest cough*  I wrote that trailer.

Professor Bear

You're a shameless whore of a man and I like that.

Proudhuff

Quote from: "GordonR"Unveiled yesterday ... Play as a criminal or a law enforcer - you choose.

not a lot of law enforing going on there! ... if you choose law enforcing do you sit in the coffee shop eating dounuts til its all over then go out and pick up the pieces?
DDT did a job on me

GordonR

'Law enforcer' doesn't necessarily mean cop.  The game is Criminals vs. Enforcers, and enforcers can be vigilantes etc.   One of the two gangs in the trailer are Enforcers.

You can customise your character to the nth degree.  In theory, you can be running around the game city looking as close to Batman or Judge Dredd as you can get.  (Although you wouldn't actually *be* Batman or Dredd, or have any of their abilities or equipmnent.  But you could certainly look like them.)

Trout

Woah! Impressive!

Satanist

Hmm Dress like The Punisher or The Joker?
I've read quite a bit on this and its lookin good.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

Mmmm... I dunno... this is going to eat into my WoW time...

Art

I'm gonna  be a sky-blitzing mob-surfer!

Al_Ewing

I'm definitely interested. If it's out on PS3 it'll be a no-brainer.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Roger Godpleton

I'm gonna be black.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Pete Wells

Great stuff Gordon. I noticed there's a fair few baldies in that there trailer, coincidence or obsession!?!

Keef Monkey

I'll be swanning around dressed as Frank Castle thankyou very much! Have been pretty excited about this game for a while, more so now so you've done a good job there Gordon! Have never played an MMO, basically because the gameplay always seems a horrible grind, but the style and subject of this has caught my eye. Are you able to say who's done the concept art? The pieces RTW are using in their recruitment ads are stunning, especially the hot ladies with guns.

Matt Timson

That looks great!  I might even invest in an XBox to play it on...
Pffft...

M.I.K.

Has this got any connection to the '80s arcade game of the same name?

I, Cosh

There's only room for one pinstripe freak in this city.
We never really die.