Main Menu

Birmingham International Comics show: December 9 & 10

Started by Bolt-01, 24 July, 2006, 03:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Copied over from the Pencil Monkey Forum:

The weekend of December the 9th and 10th this Year sees the opening of the first Birmingham International Comics Show! Organised by Myself (Shane of the Small-zone!), James Hodgkins, and Andy Baker (with a little help from our friends).

It will be held at the Famous Custard Factory Arts Complex, which is only a short walk from the centre of the City. Here's a link: www.custardfactory.com

There will be International and UK guests appearing, with lots of events planned all weekend,plus 30 tables have been allocated for small press and Indy publishers. (Including Scar Comics of course!)
There will be an exclusive Convention Bar open 'till late, and the first day of the convention will also be going on late with events and signings.
There will shortly be a website up at: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk so keep checking that for more information as it unfolds.
Tables for self publishers and small pressers are only 70 pounds for the whole weekend, or if you wish to share a table with another publisher (Saturday for one, and Sunday for the other) the price is 35 pounds for a single day. This is half the price of a Dealer table so a great bargain, as we are aiming to attract at least 1000 visitors, with a huge advertising and marketing campaign.

The website is still under construction, so if you'd like to find out more, you can email me - for now - at: shane@smallzone-comics-shop.com

steev.

This sounds great!
Its local for my good self and the custard factory is a fine setting!
( i was there drawing on a wall last week!)
good stuff!

all the very best,

Steve

Bolt-01

I know that I'll be there with whatever we have from FQP that weekend, and it is a nice venue.

Bolt-01

Will I. Cooling

YES! YES! YES!

Finally a comiccon near me. All is good :)
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.