Main Menu

Al's Baby, the true story

Started by Oddboy, 30 April, 2003, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

This story is quite gross:-

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2987963.stm" target="_blank">BBC News link

Better set your phaser to stun.

Malchidiel

Ewww, ewwww, ewwwwwwww!!! That's horrible. That poor kid.

Wils

Scarily, things like that aren't as rare as you think, although that one is a very extreme case.

Early on in pregnancy foetuses sometimes split to become twins and one is so much stronger than the other, that it actually absorbs the weaker one. A lot of the time, it's not even noticeable but physical signs can range form a slightly odd birthmark to redundent extra organs growing in strange places (there was a story about someone who kept blacking out and the scans he had showed up a partially formed eye and some teeth growing on his brain).

longmanshort

does no-one remember Total Recall?!?!?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Jared Katooie

Or South Park?

"Nurse, for a woman with a dead foetus on her head you're not very open-minded..."

Bolt-01

I seem to remember that being from a Stephe King story: The Dark Half.

In the film version, you see the doc open the scalp to reveal an eye; which blinks.

Cack film, okay book

Rotts

karne

Talking of pregnant men, does anyone remember a Comedy-drama on BBC 1 called Frankenstein's Baby? It starred Nigel Planer who played a man who was unknowingly impregnated by a mad female scientist.

It was on about ten years ago and I can't really remember much about it, but I've still got it on tape somwhere and this thread has inspired me to dig it out and watch it again. If anybody else remembers it, would I be foolish to do so?

Quirkafleeg

You know there is one Arnie film I've never seen and plan to never see... I wonder if you can guess which one?

karne

If your talking about "Choonior" and not "Twins" Gary, that's a BIZARRE coincidence considering my last post because I remember reading that one of these two was inspired by the other. Can't actually remember which though...

Quirkafleeg

Well I have seen Twins, unfortunatly... strange like all those 'Comedies' had later lack of 'action' seem to have retconned his career into shite... leaving only Terminator and Predator and perhaps Raw Deal and Commando (coz they are so daft) as watchable unless I'm very drunk

karne

I've recently watched (Nobody give's him a) Raw Deal again and couldn't believe how bad it is. I used to love that film, but I suppose that's because I was a lot younger then.

I find that's the case with a lot of Arnie's films though. He worked well in the Terminator because he didn't really have much of a "personality" it was only when he decided to become a unstopable pun-disaster than he really started to become embarrasing. That and molestimg female interviewers.

Richmond Clements

I always maintain that Arnie's films are good in spite of him being in them, not because of.

Quirkafleeg

But Raw Deal has the immortal line: "You should not drink and bake" !

Oh yeah and his dad was a nazi. And he was 'gay' when it promoted his body building career and totally surpressed later...

karne

I sense this thread may turn into a collection of Arnie's worst puns so here's my contribution:

"What a hothead".

"I let him go".

"Stick around".

"you're fired".

"he had to split".

"consider that a divorce".

"Let off some steam Bennett".

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired".

Trust me when I say they benefit from being lifted out of context.

esoteric ed

"you're a funny guy, I kill you last"

"she'll be back" (coming this summer)

Ed