Main Menu

My Comic Book blog, Bookcase Building and Eternal Frustration

Started by Hawkmumbler, 19 March, 2015, 10:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Thanks to the power of the internet I have discovered that the great Jose Ortiz illustrated a number of Tex Willer stories. That not only reminded me that I still need to get that Kubert Tex story (it's on my ever growing list) but that Ortiz other western, Ken Parker, wrapped up recently (or so Eurocomic USA tell me on facebook). I love westerns, and any excuse to have more glorious Jose Ortiz on my shelf would be most welcome. So can someone pick up Ken Parker please? Or at least a best of Tex Willer release (their's 500 or so issues out at the moment, I wont hassle for a complete run!).

Colin YNWA

I've never heard of Ken Parker before and looking quickly on Amazon can't see any editions in English - shame as the covers are majestic. Will say the Tex story by Kubert which I've had for a while now is just okay. The art is exceptional but the story is very middle of the road.

Hawkmumbler

Ken Parker has certainly grabbed my interest. Not only thanks to it's gorgeous art work but it's comparatively short life (50 volumes at 30 pages a pop) could make it a good choice for the next long running series picked up by IDW.

Anyway, review for Weekly Shonen Jump #19 is up. My exasperation with Bleach has reached an all time low. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Hawkmumbler

Oh look! The library has Game of Thrones comics! I'll give them a read!

'Gets home. Reads first few pages'

Oh. Well....they are a bit shit. Review inbound, but in the mean time i've written a quick recommendation for Tarzan Vs. Predator due to the other thread. great little comic.

Hawkmumbler

While my review for Meg 359 renders, enjoy a whole chapter of The House of Daemon (kindly uploaded by the official Ortiz memorial FB page. Loads of great comic page's on their, check it out). As you have probably noticed, i've gone a little Ortiz mad at the moment. But who wouldn't? The man was a legend. ;)

Hawkmumbler

Ha! Only just realized my Meg review never uploaded as the render cancelled itself! Bloody thing! I'll upload it when I get home.

I also found this rather amusing webcomic that explains why I both love and hate cryptozoology...

Hawkmumbler

Just posted a review for Mad Max #1 from Vertigo. Really nice bit of comicy stuff.  :lol:

Hawkmumbler

It lives! IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!!!!!

Well I just posted the first in my series of posts reflecting on the best comics of 2015! Check it out, first post is on my 3 favourite new series!

http://bookcasebuilding.tumblr.com/

Hawkmumbler

This Christmas eve i'm tapping out the next entry in my Favorite Comics of 2015 series* whilst sipping a lovely bottle of Fire Catcher!

Merry Christmas from the bookshelf, squaxx!

*Now with added goons, dinosaurs, baldies, and chins.