Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I don't know.  I don't speak bug.  Porridge?  I know next to nothing about their dietry habits.  And if I don't know, then surely NOBODY does. 

Perhaps you should ask a university for a research grant and investigate these questions - especially if, as seems likely, they're determined to live in your house.  You should make SOME money out of these unwanted lodgers and I've got a grant from UCL to investigate their language.  Bugs aren't known for paying rent as the spiders in my bathroom prove every month.  They just look at me when I ask them where the rent is.  Not a lick of shame about them either.  Bloody bugs....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

Ahem, ahem. I ask politely now that all of you cease this bloody rude talk about my cousins. Larybirds are entirely good-looking little beetles and I have been known to easily crush on them. And spiders, loathsome as they are, can be nice enough fellows when their bellies are full.

Mike Gloady

They're perfectly pleasant, they just don't pay any effing rent.

wild-seven

Quote from: locustsoflove on 30 November, 2009, 01:11:20 PM
Ahem, ahem. I ask politely now that all of you cease this bloody rude talk about my cousins. Larybirds are entirely good-looking little beetles and I have been known to easily crush on them. And spiders, loathsome as they are, can be nice enough fellows when their bellies are full.

I rather like ladybirds, actually creepy crawlies in general - I spend a lot of time scooping them up into a dish and putting them outside. I just wish there weren't so many of them!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Colin YNWA

Ladybirds, bizarrely can be deadly. Back in the hoooottttt Summer of errr I think it was 1996, the one when I worked at West Kirby library if that helps any???? Anyway sometime around then there were real life swarms of ladybirds on the Wirral, and elsewhere I imagine. Anyway this bloke was chased by a swarm and had a heart attack.

I've tried to find a link to confirm this as as I typed it I realsied it sounded more and more like an urban myth but it was the talk of the penisular back then for a day or two... I think...

locustsofdeath!

That's similar to what I experienced one year while visiting friends in Texas (or as we Northerners - the true 'yanks' - refer to it, Tex-ass).

There were some big storms all summer long, and quite a deal of flooding. Apparently my inferior cousins, crickets, thrive in this kind of weathern and swarmed madly all over San Antonio. Wherever we went, in stores, malls, gas stations - wherever - crickets covered the ground like a moving blanket. All you could do to walk out the door was step on them and crush them. It was awful, crickets dead and alive everywhere.

Mike Gloady

The summer you're reffering to, Colin, I was an assistant scout leader and was helping look after a bunch of young scouts and cubs on a group camp on the south coast somewhere (I forget, there were so many) when the entire place was literally mobbed with the bastards.  This does happen, I thought it myth until then too.

James Stacey

People who come to interviews, then decline your job offer as they are going back to university. Seriously, this has happened to me 3 times now. Why bother coming along and wasting time if you dont want the job.

Mike Gloady

I remember that at school/college/university they always told us to get interview experience when possible.  That doesn't mean you apply for jobs you've no intention of taking up if offered though. 

Prats.

Tiplodocus

Bugger! My shoulder cleared up well enough for me to drive down to Yorkshire and back (six adults in the magic bus!) but then on Sunday, Mrs Tips gets me chopping wood and cleaning gutters and I only go and put my back out.  Absolutely shooting agony down my left leg whenever I twist or turn. ("Don't twist or turn, then")
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

Phew !!!

I am glad thats over with  !!

I have just finished an argument/debate with THE worst deranged brainlocked lunatic from hell on another forum.Impossible to reason with.That was unprecedented in all my 3 yrs spent online.This included my first death threat.

Quite remarkable.

I had to draw a line under it and finish it in the end because it was wasting my time but if you think Scott is unreasonable or over the top then you have no idea.

There were lots of very very long ranting posts that were like Essays and lots of replies to himself that were long esssays.

I didnt want to post this really but i felt like i had to offload it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Nearly died this morning on the M2. I was passing a foreign lorry (you can guess what happens next) on the climb up to junction 3. I always look across to check what these buffoons are doing, due to past experiences of seeing them in various states including eating a noodle dish, watching an action movie and being asleep.
Well this one looked awake and so on I went, I reckon my trailer was over half way past his cab when he decided to indicate and pull out straight into the side of me. Luckily I had checked the two outside lanes (another thing I do when overtaking a foreign vehicle) and they were clear. So I was able to swerve out of his way and slam the brakes on. He suddenly realised what he had done and flashed to say sorry (I presume) as he swerved back into the slow lane!
All in all just another day on our roads with foreign drivers who are a menace in the south east. The worst junction for this stuff is the M20 joining onto the M26, a death trap if ever there was one!
Anyway I'm alive, so I class that as a minor impediment ::)

Mike Gloady

PETER: JESUS!

I've had SEVERAL death-threats.  One notable one on IMDB over five years ago (before I stopped posting due to morons like him).

Sweet Cheeses, there's more than ONE of them?  Crazy.  

Offloading this sort of thing is what this thread is for, dump away.

JOHN: That's utterly terrifying.  I don't know what to say.  The awful thing is people like that are on the roads right now, nearly killing lots of other people.  Let's hope it stays at "nearly".  I felt sick just READING that.  Brrrr.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 30 November, 2009, 08:50:03 PM
PETER: JESUS!

I've had SEVERAL death-threats.  One notable one on IMDB over five years ago (before I stopped posting due to morons like him).

Sweet Cheeses, there's more than ONE of them?  Crazy.  

Offloading this sort of thing is what this thread is for, dump away.

JOHN: That's utterly terrifying.  I don't know what to say.  The awful thing is people like that are on the roads right now, nearly killing lots of other people.  Let's hope it stays at "nearly".  I felt sick just READING that.  Brrrr.

Idiots on the roads.Idiots on forums.Idiots everywhere.....

What i will say about what i was dealing with is that this individual was aggrieved about something which was the Police in the US and if ever there was a candidate who was going to go postal with a loaded firearm then this was it.He was definately unbalanced and irrational and i dont say that as a throwaway comment.There was something very serious going on with this individual and the majority of his comments were baseless accusations and stuff that he was projecting onto myself.

I wont go into any more but lets say that he was warned off in no uncertain terms and all his text has been cut and pasted and filed away and of course he is traceable by IP address.

BBBrrrrr....

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

It sounds like someone is eating all of the croissants I bought.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!