Main Menu

New Thrills for Prog 1577!

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 February, 2008, 10:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philt

The Adventurer

There are people who don't like Savage?

Its one of the best series 2000AD has! And that's coming from someone who can't really stand ANYTHING else Pat Mills has ever wrote. (including the original Invasion run)

Savage is BRILLIANT

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

Its one of the best series 2000AD has!

It's true, and I was initially pretty pessimistic about its reinvention.  My only complaints so far wer the rather rapid wrap-up of the last series, but Pat Mills in 'less is more' mode is not to be sneezed at, and the horrifically over-used rape-revenge plot (see also:  Book of Invasions).

dweezil2

I was just being cheeky to be honest. I like a lot of Pat Mill's output, especially Savage.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JudgePrager

Of Pat Mills' recent output, Savage is the only thing worth reading. It speaks volumes that the second slaine was done Clint Langley found himself moved on to ABCs duty.

TordelBack

What, no love for Cromwell's severed head tapping on Charles II's bedroom window?

JudgePrager

None at all. After the first parts of greysuit and defoe I thought greysuit had real potential, and defoe had the makings of brilliance. Then all that happened after that was months of Mills' trademark garbled dialogue and half-exposition. By the time we got to Cromwell I'd long since stopped caring.

The Adventurer

Greysuit was a huge letdown (I kept praying it would be M.A.C.H.1 with Savage's sensibility), and Defoe... just never jived with me, it was all talk talk talk, pull out some "super" dues ex weapon, have fight, talk some more, repeat.

It was all the worse because they both ran at the same time.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Monarch

Defoe is awesome!

but I must say really looking foward to 1577 any clues a to whats in 1578 yet other than dredd and the two new stories?

Mardroid

Yep. A double part Stickleback finale.

Rio De Fideldo