Main Menu

2000AD leads the way in Digital comic enjoyment

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 March, 2008, 12:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Also, will Meg digital releases be a month latter too its paper release?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

I think this is all very sweet and touching, seeing as we could steal scans of every single  Prog in one torrent dowmloaded over a single weekend, and Piratebay offers the digital prog for free before Clickwheel does.  

Not that I could be arsed with that personally, House of Tharg gets my money week in and week out and that's it - some things are worth paying for.  

Peter Wolf

I already have 1 pirated archive which is rubbish.I will never buy another so if 2000ad do digital archives i am expecting much better imaging and scanning as the pirated archive is scanned from 25 yr old progs.

I dont approve of piracy especially in the case of 2000ad.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

numanti

I'm well aware of the pirated digital archives and the ease of getting hold of them, and I'm not ashamed to say I have a few - but as the few I have are not likely to ever be released officially again (Zenith, which I have in the original progs in boxes in the attic, and the banned Cursed Earth episodes which I had bought at the time but which were among the first 300 progs or so which got thrown out by my parents who have yet to be entirely forgiven) and I actually have an almost complete physical bought legally collection of 2000AD and Megs, as wll as TPB's, and the fact I'd rather pay for an official download than have a pirated one, I don't feel too guilty about that.  

jabish

I found this quite amusing on one of the ebay ads that is selling the complete collection of 2000ads:

"Note to eBay: the contents of these discs are in the Public Domain and are available from different sources. These discs have been compiled by myself from those sources. Nothing on these discs breaks any copyright."

Note to eBay: this is bullshit.

I dislike lying more than thieving. actually I love thieving :-)

I got me subscription though, and I think that People with subs should get access to a digital copy too.

Hey ho.

jb

Floyd-the-k

I'm getting deja vu here.

This is nice, but not as nice as my second favourite UK publication, the London Review of Books which makes the online service free for subscribers to the peper edition and which make much larger archives available too (everything back to 1998, I think)

I'm still tempted to subscribe in case it encourages them to expand the archive  

Peter Wolf

Isnt that pathetic that excuse.Its available in different places etc.Yes it is but the material is still under copyright.

Which bit about copyright dont they understand ?

I dislike stupidity just as much as lying.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

opaque

And Ebay don't do anything about it, even if you keep telling them about it.