Main Menu

Looking for an artist to work with

Started by Dodsy, 27 April, 2012, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodsy

Hey all,

I've been writing for a while now and think I'm finally at the stage where I'd be comfortable to work with someone to get a finished piece. They are mainly just 5 page stories, some with a twist at the end some not. There is no particular style as I try to vary things out as well.
I don't really want to put the scripts online because that would give away the ending and spoil it for when we put the finished thing online but if anyone is interested I'd happily send them the script in an e-mail or even post a preview on here.

Hope I've grabbed someone's interest. Any help in finding an artist would be appreciated as well.

Twitter - @dodsy84

Rorschachs_Journal

Really hope you find someone mate. I imagine it must be hard trying to find an artist willing to commit to something. In the coming months I'm sure I'll find myself in the same situation as you. I'm working on a couple of scripts, trying to discipline myself into writing shorter scripts that vary in content in the hope that I learn and improve.
"ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE?!" - Steven Seagal, Out For Justice, 1991

Youtube comedy channel: www.youtube.com/user/bruceclap

Emperor

Have you both considered small press anthologies as they will often help find an artist for you.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Ghastly McNasty

*cough* Hallowscream *cough* horror stories only *ahem*

Rorschachs_Journal

Quote from: Emperor on 03 May, 2012, 09:59:08 PM
Have you both considered small press anthologies as they will often help find an artist for you.
!
I have started to look into it Emperor. Any you would recommend?

Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 03 May, 2012, 10:09:36 PM

Interesting!! Can you tell me more?

Emperor

Quote from: Rorschachs_Journal on 03 May, 2012, 10:36:24 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 03 May, 2012, 09:59:08 PM
!
I have started to look into it Emperor. Any you would recommend?

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26022.msg449347.html#msg449347

The FutureQuake Press chappies are around here and other boarders have projects they occasionally post on in here, so have a look around.

Quote from: Rorschachs_Journal on 03 May, 2012, 10:36:24 PM

Interesting!! Can you tell me more?

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=35591.0
http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/thetheatreofterror/index.php?s=hallowscream
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Rorschachs_Journal

Rorschachs_Journal

Looking at the 2010 Hallowed now! Its great!

Ghastly McNasty

Cheers for posting links Emperor.

Rorschachs_Journal, Glad you like it, send over some stories and we'll see if we can find some artists.

Dodsy

Hi Guys,
Would have been back to this topic earlier but with the forums being down I haven't had the time. It's def. hard to find an artists out there but that hasn't made me any less determined.

I wasn't even thinking of having anything published Mr McNasty (any relation to the TV show Shasta McNasty?) but this sounds like it could be perfect for the script I was hoping to find someone collaberate on. It's a real mix of sci-fi/ war/ horror. I'm on a works PC at the minute but I'll have a look at your website tonight and send you something over.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Rorschachs_Journal

Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 04 May, 2012, 11:32:29 AM
Rorschachs_Journal, Glad you like it, send over some stories and we'll see if we can find some artists.

Already working on something for you!

Quote from: dodsy on 04 May, 2012, 01:03:59 PM
Hi Guys,
Would have been back to this topic earlier but with the forums being down I haven't had the time. It's def. hard to find an artists out there but that hasn't made me any less determined.

I wasn't even thinking of having anything published Mr McNasty (any relation to the TV show Shasta McNasty?) but this sounds like it could be perfect for the script I was hoping to find someone collaberate on. It's a real mix of sci-fi/ war/ horror. I'm on a works PC at the minute but I'll have a look at your website tonight and send you something over.

Really hope to see what you've got brought to life Dodsy!

Dodsy

Cheers Rorschachs_Journal, the same goes to you. It's not easy believe me but it's worth it in the end when you finally see something completed.
The script I'm currently looking for an artist for (I think) is probably my best one so far. It's had numerouse re-writes and I'm finally ready to get it out there. I'll post final piece on here if it ever gets completed.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Jon

Quote from: dodsy on 04 May, 2012, 01:03:59 PM
Hi Guys,

It probably wouldn't hurt to see what people are posting elsewhere on here art-wise, check out their galleries and drop them a PM if you think they'll be a good fit for your stuff. Like all the artists on here I can get pretty busy, but if an idea comes along that really grabs me then I'll normally try and shuffle things around so I can work on it.

Paul_Ridgon

I'm always looking for writers to collaborate with, feel free to look at my Deviant Art portfolio and let me know if you're interested... http://paul-ridgon.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rorschachs_Journal

Messaged ya Paul! Your art is great!